You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Angel Down Released Today

James wrote:

No offense, but its not gonna rise. Its only direction to go is down. The downloading era is a new beast, and artists have to figure out how to ride it or die. You may be correct that distribution played a big role in its sales, but thats part of the new beast. When you're out promoting your album every five seconds for over a month, you damn well better make sure your label has product in stores because the public thats interested isn't going to wait. They are gonna take the five finger discount, not wait for someone to make more copies.

These issues should have been worked out before he went to the mainstream promoting this. If your label can only produce a few thousand copies, its not smart to go to Rolling Stone and various other media outlets saying how great your album is and how Axl Rose is on it. He should have waited until his label could potentially meet a mainstream demand for the record. Now we will never know how much interest there really was in Baz and this album because anyone who wants it already has it, whether they bought the few copies that were sent to shelves or downloaded it for free.

Like I said, these are different times. Gotta overcome and adapt.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:

_____________________________________________________________We're noticing a stocking issue where stores are selling out.
We need to know the store, store number if you can get it, city and state where you are having any problems finding the record.

Not a bad problem to have, but a problem nonetheless.
Thanks
________________________________________________________-

Well we plastered this all over the net.  The fact is
the Record company was hit with a bigger demand than
expected on the first day. As for Rolling Stones Magazines
Sebastian never went to them they came to him seeking truth
that in fact  Axl Rose was singing on the recording & not another
false report....

Funny when we sent this info to Blabbermouth they did not
post it.. Yet at the end of the week they are posting a lo sales margin.

Dose Road Runner Records really want MRVEMI   Records to
succeed I think not..... I will Email Jack Ponti & see what more facts I can get.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Acekicken wrote:

_____________________________________________________________We're noticing a stocking issue where stores are selling out.
We need to know the store, store number if you can get it, city and state where you are having any problems finding the record.

Not a bad problem to have, but a problem nonetheless.
Thanks
________________________________________________________-

Funny when we sent this info to Blabbermouth they did not
post it.. Yet at the end of the week they are posting a lo sales margin.

Well that goes to show the thinking of the people that run Blabbermouth.   That news was not worthy enough, low sales are.   It's all about the people running the site picking and choosing what to relay to the public on a site such as that unfortunately.

James

James wrote:

I think there was a communication breakdown through the "chain of command" between Baz, his label, and stores. If it was "selling out" everywhere, it would have much higher sales figures than 6,000, and stores would literally be calling trying to get more product on shelves because its the holiday season and stores are going after every penny they can get.

The problem seems to be actual production of the album, or should I say lack thereof. People at many different forums said how they couldn't even find the album anywhere. It wasn't sold out. It had never been in stock, and the few stores who did stock it only had a few.

Regardless of who asked who to do promo, you don't do that kind of mainstream promo if you cant possibly meet any potential demand that comes your way.

This isn't just for Baz. It goes for all artists, especially mid level artists. M.I.A. is a good example. Like Baz, she did quite a bit of promotion for her album. Got great reviews in many media outlets. It sold 18,000 copies its first week, and there were zero mistakes on the production side. If you wanted Kala, you could buy it anywhere.

You have to consider the possibility of there being interest if you are going to promote it.

Imagine if my grandma had hyped her dressing for over a month, and then come Thanksgiving day, everyone shows up but she decided not to cook it. Do you think everyone's gonna sit there and hope she cooks, or are they gonna go somewhere else to get some dressing?

James

James wrote:

Oh cmon, cant blame Blabbermouth for this.

The buck stops somewhere, and it aint Blabbermouth.....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Ace how much did Baz "expect" to move on the first week?

anyway those numbers are higher than i anticipated they would be, but i'd be willing to wager that the  fanbase is run dry already so the only direction for the album to go in the charts is down, Baz just isnt a big Draw anymore, yeah hes a fantastic singer, but the style he does, isnt one that is sought after these days.... sad

I bet if Skid Row reunited that they would move 20,000 units in the first week 16 i'm kidding i know  those guys will not reunite any time soon sad

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

i suppose VR shifting 200.000 units of Libertad so far isn't looking too bad right now....

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I'm not surprised.

If I wasn't a member of this forums I wouldn'tve known Baz was releasing an album at all!

nugdafied wrote:

I'm actually surprised there's 6,000 people in the US that would still buy a Baz album. No wonder he's so salty about not getting in VR.

Board footer