You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Taking the site forward....

Aussie wrote:

Well from a purely selfish standpoint - I have always liked GN'R sites that have sections to discuss official collectibles - e.g. "Appetite for Collection" on HTGTH and "Memorabilia Trading" on Mygnr.  The only problem with those sections is they seem to end up with a heap of threads about bootlegs and downloads and not much else about official collecting - which is fine coz I like that stuff too, but mainly I am a big collector of official GN'R stuff (much to my bank accounts disgust).

Anyhow, to fill this void I am actually in the process of engaging a web designer (coz I don't have the time nor the skill) to create a website to host my collection and various other things.  Anyhow, whilst there is a couple of similar personal sites around that house GN'R collections, what will be different with mine is that I was intending to create a collectors forum purely dedicated to collecting offical stuff, a bit like this Metallica one I came accross:

Website

http://www.tmcc.se/

Forum

http://tmcc.iforumer.com/index.php?mforum=tmcc

Anyhow, I intend to go ahead with my project regardless, but as a thought my suggestion is that the collectors forum could link thru to a section on your website if you like?

Just a thought/offer for you to consider down the track.  You may wanna have a look at it after it's up and running and you can get a better guage of its viability and whether you wish to blend it in.

Thoughts/comments?

I don't know about a section because like you said, it's mostly bootleg talk.   With that said, I wouldn't mind having a thread stickied with a link to your GNR collectibles site in either the current GNR section or in TWAT.   I think that would be a great way for GNR fans to go and check out collectibles and we can have duel links, we'll link you and you link us.  smile

I'll bring up the idea in admin.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

isn't it against general forum rules to distribute officially released material?

elmir wrote:

isn't it against general forum rules to distribute officially released material?

We aren't distrubuting if we have just have a link to check out collectibles.

Besides, it would depend on what those collectibles are, could be vintage tshirt or something autographed not necessarily anything illegal such as bootlegs, which what I think Aussie is talking about.

Which is why I wanted to mull the idea in admin with everyone else.

elmir

elmir wrote:

ah, i misunderstood then...i was under the impression one could download a full AFD album if one wanted....

elmir

elmir wrote:

i would like to have that whole "Brainstorm" section, like we used to have, where only members of over 50 posts have access to....sometimes there are topics you don't really feel like sharing with those who only register for gossip....

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Sorry, but where did the VR section go? I don't see it today... hmm  I know it hasn't got deleted, but 1 day is enough for me to miss 21

Edit: Hell, it just came back. And I have to point out that I'm sober.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^yeah we noticed it too...it hung up when i was trying to post then it was gone then it came back

Maverick
 Rep: 2 

Maverick wrote:

Hi there, I just joined today and I think this is the proper thread but if not I apologize.

First off, I just want to congratulate everyone involved in this site, this is the GNR site of my dreams, it seems.  Very professional looking, easy on the eyes, and all around very impressive.

A few suggestions that I think would really make this the  ultimate GNR fan-site:

Instead of "recent topics" sections on the homepage, I would replace those with actual news write-ups of the different bands.  I've always wanted a one-stop shop for GNR news and discussion.  And I realize that discussion mostly always involves news, but I still would like official press releases and what not presented in a newswire type thing.

Also, band member profiles and information, as well as albums/singles released and what not would be great.

And I don't know if I'm the only one, but I find the peel down promotions in the upper right corner annoying.  I would rather some sort of banner on the front page to pimp that stuff or something.  Maybe it's just me though.

Anyways, like I said so far I'm loving this place and am looking forward to joining in the discussion here.  I don't mean to make a negative first impression by complaining about the place in my first post, I just wanted to share some of my suggestions for possible improvement. 

Thanks.  smile

Welcome Maverick!  5

No worries, always good to hear feedback on the site.   Thanks for the compliments as well and we will definitely take some of your suggestions/complaints under advisement and discuss it amongst staff.

Board footer