You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Taking the site forward....

Will wrote:

James, DTJ and I discussed building on the message board before we even had the basic board up and running but I think we're finally stable enough to move forward (no server crashes yet anyway 14).

What would you like to see added to GNRevolution over the next few weeks/months?

More boards? More features?

An actual web site with band info etc?

Post up your ideas and we can have a brainstorming session 22

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Well,

I remember talking to James during the ROV days about hosting an article archive or something similar. There's a lot of stuff that's basically being accessed via Internet Archive or some obscure websites, they're not around any central like HTGTH at all. It sort of floundered back then, and we never got around to actually considering how to do it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yes, that is a fantastic idea sic...the only thing is the actual compiling of all the info, we will need help from the members to get a decent archive.

A tour history, ala gnrontour.com would be pretty cool too, once GnR actually hits the road again 22

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
sic. wrote:

Well,

I remember talking to James during the ROV days about hosting an article archive or something similar. There's a lot of stuff that's basically being accessed via Internet Archive or some obscure websites, they're not around any central like HTGTH at all. It sort of floundered back then, and we never got around to actually considering how to do it.

Actually, I figured out a way to do that, although I don't think I posted about it at ROV before the site died. I'll ask downliner if its compatible with what he uses. If not, maybe we can make it a separate entity from the site itself.

It would allow members and non members to add the articles to the database, but what gets added has to be approved before actually being put on the site(to prevent spam and meaningless shit being added).

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I have a 85-06 tour statistic that have been laying around forever. Just need some finishing touches.

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

I'd like to seem some cool forum skins to go with th existing ones, like a duff one, or a slash one.

and it still hasn't been center aligned, really pisses me off.

yea on the widescreen monitor its all pushed to the left.. definitely took some getting used to hmm

but overall, great job so far on the site.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I'll center align the forum tomorrow but will make it a seperate skin called evolution2 or something. I'll post up here when its available for you to change in your profile 22

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
downliner wrote:

I'll center align the forum tomorrow but will make it a seperate skin called evolution2 or something. I'll post up here when its available for you to change in your profile 22

Are you saying that only one skin will be able to be center-aligned?  Or will you be able to center-align with that then use whatever skin you want?  I'd say just make the whole thing always centered (if possible), that way it'll look good on whatever screen.

Though now that I say that, you do have the graphics and page turn thingy on the right, so maybe that wouldn't work so well. hmm

Robman wrote:

I'd like to seem some cool forum skins to go with th existing ones, like a duff one, or a slash one.

I have some time off from work in December and am really hoping to put together some new skins during that break.  It's still a little ways off, but that's my plan.  I'll definitely concentrate on members and such that haven't been represented so far.

In fact, if anyone's got cool photos or artwork you'd like to see worked into a new skin, feel free to PM me. cool

Board footer