You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Where is the Better Video..?

James wrote:

I don't really care about a video at this point. It'll simply be Garden of Eden with Gilby Clarke magnified, and that doesn't interest me. A song mainly recorded by the 2001 line up with footage from the 2006 line up released by the 2009 line up is literally D.O.A. They're gonna need to get creative with a video somehow. Don't ask me how either. 16 I have said for a couple years now that the "current" line up isn't marketable with this particular record, and people are now starting to see that. There's too many obstacles in the way, and the "missing guitarists" which Faldor mentioned is the biggest obstacle of all.

Having said that, if they are gonna release another single and/or tour, a video is priority number one. This is the age of youtube, and if you don't have a video to accompany your singles, just send the singles to the incinerator instead of radio stations. Singles without videos have the same chance of success at both those destinations.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I figured it was dead in the water when it didn't show by February.  Another in a long line of broken promises and stuff that didn't materialize.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

better video like pearl jam do the evolution

better is dead, chi dem need a new singlle. twat or sod

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah it's strange that it never happened. Maybe they're holding it out  for a re-release....release a box version with new art..and a bonus disk with a live montage footage from the 06 tour - you just like 4 or 5 tracks - Maybe Better, CD, Street of Dreams, and a couple of AFD songs like "Nighttrain" or "Paradice City". I'd buy it smile smile

While I agree with james about the loss of Robin and Bucket from a marketing view, I also think that a lot of people percieve GNR as "Axl and the guys who arn't slash"  - which as much as it can be negative for the band would actually come in handy in this context - I think outside of the hardcores like us - a lot of people - if they can pursuaded to buy a GNR record (or re-relase) from the 'new' gnr at all - don't much give a shit who it is - they're just buying for axl.

Or another idea would be do do something like NIN did with the physical version of "The Slip" - had an album and then that bonus dvd with the rehersal footage of like 4 or 5 tracks. Record a private intimate dvd like that of a live version of a few tracks with Bumble and DJ really ripping it up and I dont think people will care that people are missing from the CD version. If they promote it right people wont know unless they start reading the booklets. Maybe Rhiad or shacler's so bumble can go nuts....recorded in an intimate setting with close ups of Axl and the guys rocking out...would be amazing!

Here:

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Robin's leaving possibly effected the Better live video idea. Anyway, in Axl Rose's world plans always fail, I got used to it long time ago.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

What else is new with GNR? tongue

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Robin's leaving possibly effected the Better live video idea. Anyway, in Axl Rose's world plans always fail, I got used to it long time ago.

But he left months before the albums release...

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Reading Axl's comments (even in last December), Robin's status was uncertain. I'm sure they tried to make him come back.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Saikin wrote:

In science there are no facts, just theories.

karma - more true than most people realize

Board footer