You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Where is the Better Video..?

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Not everything negative said is true however. Around the start of last year Buz was saying that the album would NEVER come out.

I don't like the propoganda at places like HTGTH, but I think we need to be careful not to go too far negative as well.

That's what i'm getting at. Buzz was saying alot of overly 'negative' things. Other than the album coming out itself, he was right about everything else.

Time has vindicated him.

And as for the hero & villian comment. I was simply making an analogy.

Believe me, if I was going to worship heroes, it'd be someone far cooler like Batman.

-----

As for the Better vocals, hopefully some remix will take out that distortion stuff at the end.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

those vocals sound slowed down...is that how it sounds on the album? sounds like hell by itself hmm

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Coma wrote:

Im not posting anymore .l. big_smile this site is full of really pessimist people and if you hate the fucking band and you have no hopes on it just dont post in this site

Goodbye
Coma

I guess now you know us better 16

c-ya

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

I think at this point the best way to proceed would be to do some sort of hour long live "Storytellers" type program.  They can appear as a live band, as currently consituted.  Ron, Richard, and DJ can show what they can do with these new songs.  No classics played, focus on the new stuff.  Give some background on the songs.

As soon as people realized they aren't going to hear WTTJ, SCOM, etc, they will change the station.  Pencil the general public in as not interested.  Hardcores might catch a rerun on VH1 classics though.

I don't think too many more people would tune in to hear the classics played by a lineup they don't respect to be worthy of playing those songs.  Play the NEW songs for people who want to hear the new songs.  Sell tickets in a intimate setting to the hardcores on the fansites so you don't have people in the crowd asking where Slash is or requesting "Mr. Brownstone".  Storytellers is usually on VH1 or VH1 Classic anyway, that's what I was envisioning.  I wasn't thinking a primetime special on ABC before the NBA finals or anything like that.

Oh and by the way, I agree with whoever said IF they were to come out with a video it wouldn't be for "Better" at this point.  Whatever they choose for single #3 to coincide with the re-release would get the nod, if anything at all.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Not everything negative said is true however. Around the start of last year Buz was saying that the album would NEVER come out.

I don't like the propoganda at places like HTGTH, but I think we need to be careful not to go too far negative as well.

That's what i'm getting at. Buzz was saying alot of overly 'negative' things. Other than the album coming out itself, he was right about everything else.

Time has vindicated him.

I knew it would, in fact, I said that many, many times.  People bitched at me and bitched at me, but I said I would be right and for the most part, I was.  Not perfect, but who is?  It's not because I was lucky or it was predictable that it would flop...there were a lot of people that thought I was nuts.

I always said I didn't think the album would ever come out.  I still believe had Azoff not come in, it still wouldn't be out and the ONLY reason it is out was to pay off the record company.  That has to be the only reason, because there's no other excuse for releasing an album that is as unprofessional as CD is.  I get that some people like it, but the production, mixing, and booklet are pathetic at best.  CD was a business decision for a brand, not a band.

I never wanted CD to fail.  I really didn't, but I saw no other option.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

I don't think too many more people would tune in to hear the classics played by a lineup they don't respect to be worthy of playing those songs.

Oh, I agree, but more people would watch people they didn't respect play songs they love than people they don't respect playing songs they don't respect.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The fucking idolatry and chest-thumping in this thread is disgusting.

No wonder Coma's leaving.

Neemo, I think you're kissoff to him is rude and not becoming of this site.

I think some of you guys need to check yourselves.

I'm used to the negativity and shit, but this is an embarassing display by people I've come to respect here.

Seriously, guys, WTF? It's like we're proud to be running off people and acting all holier-than-thou.

Excuse me while I vomit.

AtariLegend wrote:

That's not being very "Realist" of you bigbri.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

It is what it is.  If you don't like it, don't read it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It is what it is.  If you don't like it, don't read it.

Bullshit.

Board footer