You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Scraped Introduction Poll

Axlin16 wrote:

Nay

The intro isn't good, and the song is of a lesser quality than the rest of the album. Scraped and Riad are the Get In The Ring & Shotgun Blues of CD.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Well the "Yays" would disagree, but we need a few more "waheys!!" to really start the revolution.

"Lurkers of the world, unite!"

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Nay

The intro isn't good, and the song is of a lesser quality than the rest of the album. Scraped and Riad are the Get In The Ring & Shotgun Blues of CD.

Hey i'll take shotgun blues over "So Fine" anyday....

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

A no vote for me.  It's a shame since I actually like the rest of the song after repeated listens.  It's just that awkward intro.

I like listening to So Fine because of Duff's vocal work so that wins out over shotgun blues.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Nay

Most people would disagree with you. So Fine is a far superior song than either Ring or Shotgun.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Most people would disagree with you. So Fine is a far superior song than either Ring or Shotgun.

i agree with your original statement but i'd put 'get in the ring ahead of 'so fine.

it was there for me whenever i wanted go postal.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its funny, I never read one review that mentioned Scraped and belittled the intro, they all seemed to like it. All the complaints have came from some GN'R fans, I cant understand why. I love hearing Axl screaming at the top of his lungs.

It is such an obvious hark back to Freddie and Queen, I bet Axl just loves it. There is not that many moments on the album where it sounds like they have just been fucking about enjoying themselves, but this is one.

The yays have it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The problem is, Axl doesn't have the vocal range to pull off that kind of Freddie Mercury sound.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The problem is, Axl doesn't have the vocal range to pull off that kind of Freddie Mercury sound.

Are you serious? Axl's vocal range is incredible, he can go from very low to scarily high. Those high vocals in twat are amazing.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Axl is easily able to hit the high and low notes. I don't think thats what Axlin was saying, i think he was referring to Freddie's "unique sound" (which was amazing)......or maybe im completely wrong.

Board footer