You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Scraped Introduction Poll

Neemo wrote:

who gives a shit what a concert sounds like in retrospect? all that really matters is what happened and your impressions the night that you experienced it all happened

part of the problem with how accessable bootlegs are these days...

in any case, personally i prefer Axl's vocal in a studio environment..in fact with most artists i'd rather have a studio version than a live version...its not a slight, its just a preference..if you prefer Axl's live vocals then more power to you...that being said though. both times i saw gnr (02 and 06) he was more on than not, both shows were fantastic

AtariLegend wrote:
russtcb wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I honestly believe buzz made a good point last time around.

You agree with this?

buzzsaw wrote:

He couldn't find 25 songs that had good vocals all the way through over a 10 year period?

Did you read my post?

Yes, you said buzzsaw made some good points.

buzzsaw believes Axl is pretty bad live.

buzzsaw wrote:

Axl's pretty bad live.  The boots tell the story pretty accurately.  Most people will overlook it because either they can't hear him or they are so caught up in the moment that they just don't care.  That's how I was when I saw them.  Axl wasn't very good, but the show was so awesome it didn't really matter.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Did he re-record the vocals in live era because they were good?  He couldn't find 25 songs that had good vocals all the way through over a 10 year period?

Look, Axl struggles live because he can do things other singers can't, and he brings everything to the studio tracks.  The price to pay for that is that he can't replicate it live.  Those are facts.

To be honest, I think the Live Era re-recorded vocals sound worse than the actual shows.  And it ruined what was supposed to be a "live" album.  I believe there were bass and guitar parts that were re-recorded as well.  The album should have been called "Live-Studio-Era". 16

It's true that there is a lot he can't replicate live.  But singers that are a lot more limited than Axl also do the same thing, they record things they can't replicate live.  So when Axl blows them out of the water, I wouldn't call him a bad singer live.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Saikin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Did he re-record the vocals in live era because they were good?  He couldn't find 25 songs that had good vocals all the way through over a 10 year period?

Look, Axl struggles live because he can do things other singers can't, and he brings everything to the studio tracks.  The price to pay for that is that he can't replicate it live.  Those are facts.

To be honest, I think the Live Era re-recorded vocals sound worse than the actual shows.  And it ruined what was supposed to be a "live" album.  I believe there were bass and guitar parts that were re-recorded as well.  The album should have been called "Live-Studio-Era". 16

TOTALLY agree. I can't even listen to that record because of the fact that I know alot of the original live vocals were better than the studio re-recordings. That's part of the reason I was always scared of the AFD-Redux.

I listened to one song from Live Era for the first time in like two years the other day and I couldn't believe how bad it was.  It was SCOM that I listened to, and it didn't do justice to the live versions of it.  There's a Paris version of it that I have that is just amazing, way better vocally than Live Era.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

For the record I'd say Axl has much more good nights than he does bad nights. Plus the fact that standing at a booth in the studio, recording different takes, is a little more difficult that running around and singing umpteen songs one after the other with one take.

Anyway, whatever happened to rock n'fuckin roll? roll

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

listen to his voice here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsK9gCg32Qw

Not to derail the thread...but that's so kickass. I'd kill for a studio verison of that (to get rid of the crowd noise and the dude in the audience singing). I was kinda hoping it would be like Chinese Democracy's cover tune ala "Live and Let Die".

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

listen to his voice here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsK9gCg32Qw

Unfortunately "Slasholic" prefers talking out of his ass.

No, I prefer dealing with reality.  If you think Axl is as good live as his studio recordings, you are full of shit.  That is a fact, not an opinion.

Board footer