You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: The Howard Stern Thread

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Dave REALLY REALLY needs to get over the fact he didn't get the Tonight Show. God damn, how many times can you piss and moan over a job you missed out on 17 years ago?

Plus the Bush/Palin schtick was old in November. Both he and Leno are terribly unfunny, but I think Leno actually has reached a point where he's not 'as bad' as Dave.

As for Howard Stern, always one of the great talk show guests, even today. I still miss his E! show. THAT used to me MY late night show.

I loved the E show too.  I actually have Howard TV and it's great, but it's probably not worth the $10 a month I pay for it.  I don't watch it very often because I listen to the show every day (I tape the show daily so I barely ever miss a minute), so unless I hear something that I absolutely need to see there's no reason for me to WATCH an interview that I HEARD already.  But don't get me wrong, if chicks are getting naked, I'm tuning in, and that does happen pretty often.  They have some original programming on there too that's pretty good.  It'd be a lot cooler if it was free though.  I think you can watch a lot of the clips on youtube.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

As for Howard Stern, always one of the great talk show guests, even today. I still miss his E! show. THAT used to me MY late night show.

Agreed, it was a great show. Even just to watch for a few minutes, or the full hour (11-12, both episodes)

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

faldor

faldor wrote:

Artie Lange was a guest on the Joe Buck show last night and apparently caused a little stir.  I missed the segment live but heard all about in on the Stern Show today.  Apparently it was all over the news, as USA Today covered it.  From all accounts the show was awful, why they gave Joe Buck a show is beyond me.  I know he likes to crack jokes in the booth, but he seems like kind of a serious guy especially when he's faced with guys who are actually funny instead of Tim McCarver, Troy Aikman, and the like. 

Artie explained on the show today that the producer of the Joe Buck Show told him to let loose if things weren't going well.  So he completely took advantage of that advice.

Here's the clip of the appearance (hopefully they leave it up)
http://uk.video.yahoo.com/watch/5309607

And here's Mike Francesa talking about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj_WRL7vTTI

All in all, if it weren't for Artie the show wouldn't have gotten any exposure whatsoever.  It just would've gotten bad reviews, at least now it's got people talking.

Looks like they took the clip of the appearance down.  Can't seem to find it anywhere anymore.  Here's Chris "Mad Dog" Russo talking to Joe about the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEDIU4HFa20

I'm an Artie fan but I do kind of feel bad for Joe Buck.  It was his first show and apparently it was going horribly.  Artie simply tried to bury him while he was fighting for his life and I'm not sure that was the right thing to do.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Wow, sounds like it went horrible. I wonder why they aired it & not just leave it on the shelves. Unless it was live. What channel was it on?

faldor

faldor wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Wow, sounds like it went horrible. I wonder why they aired it & not just leave it on the shelves. Unless it was live. What channel was it on?

It was on HBO.  I think it WAS live, but I'm not sure.  It's getting huge press, and a lot of people are sympathizing with Joe so in the end it may actually save his show from just being looked at as a horrible show.  Artie was on Mad Dog's Sirius show yesterday talking about it, Chris was slamming Artie saying he was over the top and unfunny.  Artie was interviewed by the New York Times about the whole thing and was black balled from HBO Sports.  I think in the end Joe Buck should be glad it all played out the way it did.  The show would've gone by the wayside and canned after a few episodes if it weren't for Artie.  Instead it's the talk of the town today.

The show is being re-run on HBO all week in case anyone has HBO and wants to catch it.  I'm not sure if they'll let the episode run as it originally aired or if they'll edit it.  They said on the Stern show today that they had the Artie segment on the HBO website but all the cursing was bleeped out.  So they may air it that way, and if they do, much like a rap song you won't be able to make out what Artie is saying since there's so much swearing.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I tried watching that. It's horrible. Joe Buck looks completely uncomfortable, it's 3 unfunny guys basically. The actor (Paul Rudd is it?!) is ok, tries to balance it out.

The one funny part though was about halfway thru when Joe says the two actors went to high school together. Artie says "Wow, this is interesting. ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!"

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

That was bad.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I tried watching that. It's horrible. Joe Buck looks completely uncomfortable, it's 3 unfunny guys basically. The actor (Paul Rudd is it?!) is ok, tries to balance it out.

The one funny part though was about halfway thru when Joe says the two actors went to high school together. Artie says "Wow, this is interesting. ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!"

I havent been able to watch it yet.  Was it bad b/c of Artie?  Or was the show bad and he brought it up?

Board footer