You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: The Howard Stern Thread

Tommie wrote:

I know a few people on this board listen to him so I figured he deserves his own thread.  Wasnt sure if this should go in here or Hollywood Blvd though. 

So who here listens?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Haven't paid any attention to him in years. I used to watch his show on E! back in the 90s. Very funny. The celeb interviews were good, but I always preferred the skits with Crackhead Bob, Betelguese, Stuttering John,etc. His two books are stellar. Highly recommended. I'm sure he's still funny, but it reached a point where he's just recycling the same stuff and I lost interest.

There will never be anyone like him though.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm with James. I haven't listened to Stern in years. Probably my last exposure was with the E! show.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I love Stern.  Listened to him every day on the way to work on Sirius.  Look forward to getting back to America and continuing that.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I did sometimes, but it appears this week they changed online listening procedure, so the online password I got from a friend of mine doesn't work now.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

He's great at what he did, but it's amusing to see how irrelevant he has become nowadays in pop culture. His peak was probably the mid-late 90's with the Crackhead Bob era. Some of his bits on OJ & Marv Albert were classics. I remember KC Armstrong went to Marv Alberts sodomy press conference & asked "Hey Marv, do you sleep with that thing (toupee) on your head". Hysterical.

Anyway, imho he jumped the shark when he got divorced which was 99 or 00. Then there's little disputing leaving terrestial wasn't a huge mistake. No doubt when his 4 years is up he doesn't come back, but I don't think he'll be in as many markets as when he left.

It's gotta be hard to do what he & morning show dj's do, talk for 4+ hours a day, & be funny the whole time. That's why alot are pretty bad, I'm not sure how well I could really do at it. 1 hour myb, I don't think 4 hours, especially 5 days a week.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

i listened faithfully back in the 90's.... my best friend listens to him every day now... same stuff... more or less

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

He's great at what he did, but it's amusing to see how irrelevant he has become nowadays in pop culture. His peak was probably the mid-late 90's with the Crackhead Bob era. Some of his bits on OJ & Marv Albert were classics. I remember KC Armstrong went to Marv Alberts sodomy press conference & asked "Hey Marv, do you sleep with that thing (toupee) on your head". Hysterical.

Anyway, imho he jumped the shark when he got divorced which was 99 or 00. Then there's little disputing leaving terrestial wasn't a huge mistake. No doubt when his 4 years is up he doesn't come back, but I don't think he'll be in as many markets as when he left.

It's gotta be hard to do what he & morning show dj's do, talk for 4+ hours a day, & be funny the whole time. That's why alot are pretty bad, I'm not sure how well I could really do at it. 1 hour myb, I don't think 4 hours, especially 5 days a week.

I highly doubt Howard would ever return to terrestrial radio.  He says he never would, of course people can change their minds, I don't see it happening though.  If anything when his contract is up, he'll retire or continue to work on a limited schedule.  The show is SO MUCH BETTER on Sirius then it was on terrestrial radio in my opinion for many reasons.  The biggest though, is you don't have 8 minute commercial breaks every 25 minutes on satellite.  I never listen to regular radio anymore and get annoyed driving in other people's cars who don't have Sirius.  I could never go back.

By the way, I listen to Stern every day.  I have a Stilletto and tape the show daily, so I never miss a minute.

And great idea for a thread.  At least for me.

faldor

faldor wrote:

CrashDiet, or anyone else who listened to yesterday's show.  Those Paris Hilton clips they kept playing at the end of the show had me laughing hysterically.  Where are those from?  It's Huuuuuuuuuuge!  I never heard them explain where they came from, Fred just started playing them.  One didn't even sound like her, the "thank you" clip.

Edit:  I heard today on best of the week, it was from an interview with Paris from SOME show outside the US.  They didn't give the name.

I hope Fred keeps dropping those clips though.  They were hilarious.  Fred is the unsung hero of the Stern Show.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Denise Richards was on the show yesterday and gave a FANTASTIC interview.  She came off as the coolest woman in the world, it almost sounded too good to be true.  She admitted she has fake breasts, she swallows, she likes anal, among other things.  And she looked really hot, check out www.howardstern.com to check out the pictures.

A month ago or so they played this bit on the air.  It's one of the funniest things I ever heard.  Howard intro's in better than I can do.  So here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqJcbx61Ey8

Here's another one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8yHvDJM … re=related

Board footer