You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION Raise Pandemic Alert Level

Neemo wrote:

i know people from mexico that live here and visit there so this kinda sucks...they are from puerto platta? or somethign is that mexican? haha my geography sucks

edit...i think they are from Puerto Vallarta (not platta) tongue

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I think I may actually have this. A bit scary. Went to orlando last thursday, got back sunday. everyone on the trip got sick and now on the local news here in Tallahassee (about 3 hours away) They think there may be a case in Orlando now...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
strat0 wrote:

I think I may actually have this. A bit scary. Went to orlando last thursday, got back sunday. everyone on the trip got sick and now on the local news here in Tallahassee (about 3 hours away) They think there may be a case in Orlando now...

If you truly think you have it, go to the hospital ASAP. The virus flourishes in young people with strong immune systems. The virus pretty much uses your immune system to attack your own body. It needs to be treated early.

Its not a laughing matter even though 99.9% of the american people think it is.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Can we catch it by talking to you online?

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
strat0 wrote:

If you truly think you have it, go to the hospital ASAP. The virus flourishes in young people with strong immune systems. The virus pretty much uses your immune system to attack your own body. It needs to be treated early.

Its not a laughing matter even though 99.9% of the american people think it is.

Actually they are saying if you have it, to call the hospital.  They don't want people coming in right away because it will help spread infection.

James

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Can we catch it by talking to you online?

Actually they are saying if you have it, to call the hospital.  They don't want people coming in right away because it will help spread infection.

So they prefer the infected mingling with society instead of being in a place of containment?

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Sorry should have clarified.  They said to stay in your homes, and call the doctor/hospital.

This whole thing reminds me of a book I read a few years ago.  It was called "The Judas Virus".  All I really remember are the broad strokes.  Something about organ transplants, and the influenza virus that is normal in pigs switches over to attack humans.

James

James wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:

This whole thing reminds me of a book I read a few years ago.  It was called "The Judas Virus".  All I really remember are the broad strokes.  Something about organ transplants, and the influenza virus that is normal in pigs switches over to attack humans.

What it reminds me of is that Stephen King short story where the world gets so dumb that people eventually are even unable to spell, but a bonus chapter was added giving them the swine flu.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I'm not completely sure if that's it. Results from the Orlando reports should be in tomorrow. If there are any cases in Florida I'll go. Probably be dragged there by family...Crap..I'll mis Terra's birthday Friday...(girl i was talking about in that one thread)

Oh well...I guess a deadly strain of flu mutated from pigs is a good reason why I can't attend...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
strat0 wrote:

what are your symptoms?

Board footer