You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION Raise Pandemic Alert Level

Bono wrote:

Roughly 3300 people in Canada die every year due to complications from the regular flu and yet we aren't freaking out over that.  I've thought this swine flu thing was bulshit right from the start. It's nothing but media hype and scare tactics and then I came across this on youtube tonight.  This guy claims the virus entered Mexico via the US from Britan.  Honestly if this guy is right its "shocking" but would anyone really be that shocked?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Nice jumper ^

Spanish Flu mortality rate was highest amongst those regarded as healthiest of the population as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Anyway they have already found the real source of the outbreak:

image001dph.jpg

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
2008 Intentions wrote:

Everybody is in home, I went to a store to buy food and I see 5 guys only, this is real scary, my family and friends always says in the msn "This is like a zombie movie"

One of the "surreal" reasons for this is

The Sinaloa cartel want to say to the mexican goverment "We Rule"

Cool, 1st hand point of view, only at GnRevolution!! 5 22 From Iraq to Swine Flu, we cover your world!!  (We should be a news blog site, the heck with GnR)

Keep us posted on your activities 2008, it'd be interesting to hear 1st hand perspective. Wish you the best too. As for what to do, I've heard wash your hands alot, and avoid contact with others. Eating pork or not isn't a cause, but myb down in Mexico where it started it might be. Better off avoiding it for a few weeks. Interesting theory on the cartel being involved, conspiracy theorys already.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
strat0 wrote:

I think I may actually have this. A bit scary. Went to orlando last thursday, got back sunday. everyone on the trip got sick and now on the local news here in Tallahassee (about 3 hours away) They think there may be a case in Orlando now...

what are your symptoms?

regular flu symptoms. the thing that scared me though is that out of the 20 people that went to orlando with me about 10 of them are sick.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Why have the raised the level after someone died in america. It was a MEXICAN boy. Brought in RECENTLY from Mexico. WHO IS TWO, which means he has an underdeveloped and weak immune system. Action needs to be taken yes, but closing all the borders. Pfft. The only place people have died in are Mexico. Everyone else has recovered or is recovering.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

James Lofton wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:

This whole thing reminds me of a book I read a few years ago.  It was called "The Judas Virus".  All I really remember are the broad strokes.  Something about organ transplants, and the influenza virus that is normal in pigs switches over to attack humans.

What it reminds me of is that Stephen King short story where the world gets so dumb that people eventually are even unable to spell, but a bonus chapter was added giving them the swine flu.

You reference King and don't even mention The Stand.  His greatest book where 99% of the world dies from the Super-fllu (Captain Tripps) and Randall Flagg creates his own society in Las Vegas while Mother Abigail starts hers in Boulder?

I'm living up to my name and when I turn out to be immune (Ka is a wonderful thing) I will start my own society in Vegas.  It will be badass.  Sorry to see you all die, but you're welcome to follow me to Vegas.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:

This whole thing reminds me of a book I read a few years ago.  It was called "The Judas Virus".  All I really remember are the broad strokes.  Something about organ transplants, and the influenza virus that is normal in pigs switches over to attack humans.

What it reminds me of is that Stephen King short story where the world gets so dumb that people eventually are even unable to spell, but a bonus chapter was added giving them the swine flu.

You reference King and don't even mention The Stand.  His greatest book where 99% of the world dies from the Super-fllu (Captain Tripps) and Randall Flagg creates his own society in Las Vegas while Mother Abigail starts hers in Boulder?

I'm living up to my name and when I turn out to be immune (Ka is a wonderful thing) I will start my own society in Vegas.  It will be badass.  Sorry to see you all die, but you're welcome to follow me to Vegas.

Aww can't it be a bit closer to Florida? That's a long journey...But since everyone's dead more cars for me 14

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Sorry man, have to fill the legacy.  Most of the cars would be jammed in traffic as sick people tried to flee and died in their cars.

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

The president and the health secretary say

"Its not too late, this is a new virus but we have the cure, so stay in home, dont talk, dont shake any hand"

DF, Aguascalientes, San Luis Potosi, Queretaro (like Texas, California, Colorado, i hope you get what i mean) had people with the virus.

Restaurants, Cinemas. Football Stadiums, Shops, everything is locked.

So, We´re in panic because we dont have many experiences about this kind of virus, this is the first time to many people in Mexico in this situation of life or death. Be kind

Board footer