You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: If the Skwerl

Furbush wrote:

thanks mr. lofton... that genuinely means alot...
i figured the only two people that ever even looked at my blog were mr. drunk and myself... and yes.. the CD blog is the best out there... period.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

thanks mr. lofton... that genuinely means alot...
i figured the only two people that ever even looked at my blog were mr. drunk and myself... and yes.. the CD blog is the best out there... period.

That's stating it lightly its always the first with the breaking stuff and even some stuff that slips under the radar on the boards from time to time

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I check your blog dude.

And why even discuss this ass clown. By just giving into his bullshit you give him more fuel. He leaked shit.. Big deal. He got what he deserved because he was an idiot. And I highly doubt it went down the way he said. Fucking ass munch.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

I'm sorry, all this anti skwerl shit is just too much for me.

Ya'll were all too eager to listen to all 9 songs, they kept us tided until Nov 28 (maybe even forced Axl's hand somewhat), but due to a little too much exposure, or "self promotion," you discount things he says and think he's a prick?

Lay out your case, please. What has he said that is definitively not true? I've only seen him make tremendous valid points (in regards to fan sites) and leak songs that I built momentum and mystique around the album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

What has he said that is definitvely PROVEN true?

The leaks, i'm fine with. The problem people have with Kevin (will go over this AGAIN) is the fact that he did it in a chest-beating fashion to GET attention. Well, he got it, now he doesn't want it, and we're supposed to feel sorry for him? If he'd of kept it on the down low, and stayed smooth, he'd be revered as a hero in the community. But no, he has to go out there, like he's the fuckin' Riddler in Batman Forever. Big, with his damn question mark on the sky.

People hate arrogance. Biggest reason they can't stand Axl's smug entourage.

In terms of GN'R and it's status. Kevin was right, couldn't agree more, and once again, good for him to leak stuff.

But the whole arrest, legal matter, and FBI is pretty much bullshit imo or WAY overblown, and if it is true... well, he brought it on himself didn't he?

He practically shoved Axl into a wall, and said "now what?"

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Those songs would have leaked one way or another.

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:

Dude, where did he ever beg for sympathy??! He never asked anyone to feel sorry for him, wtf. He even said he was dumb for doing it and the overblown fashion that he was arrested in was directly proportional to the overblown fashion he leaked them in.

You're just making shit up, dude. Stop trying to paint him as a wanna be martyr. He did the time, it was bullshit, he took it like a man, and he did an interview.

Where does that make him smug?

He did a dumb thing, then he got sentenced. What do you want him to do? Go into Axl recluse mode?

Fuck that, he interacts with the community he always did. He didn't change a damn thing. The only people who are arrogant smug attention whores are the ones who are complaining about it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Exactly. Just about every artist today album's leak before release.

Kevin just happened to be the one. The difference is, the stupid bastard started to DOING INTERVIEWS professing his guilt, and thinking it was cool.

It might be cool, but it's dumb.

Hey, let me start moving about 50 kilos of coke through Miami each night, then go on Today tomorrow and talk about it.

Then I act like "what the fuck?" when the DEA knocks on my door.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:

Dude, where did he ever beg for sympathy??! He never asked anyone to feel sorry for him, wtf. He even said he was dumb for doing it and the overblown fashion that he was arrested in was directly proportional to the overblown fashion he leaked them in.

You're just making shit up, dude. Stop trying to paint him as a wanna be martyr. He did the time, it was bullshit, he took it like a man, and he did an interview.

Where does that make him smug?

He did a dumb thing, then he got sentenced. What do you want him to do? Go into Axl recluse mode?

Fuck that, he interacts with the community he always did. He didn't change a damn thing. The only people who are arrogant smug attention whores are the ones who are complaining about it.

He asked for money. HE ASKED FOR FUCKING MONEY.

For his legal fees dude.

Go look it up. That's begging for sympathy.

He felt that we, the community, should pay his legal fees, because he leaked shit.

The dude is a smug fucking retard.

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:

Dumb, yes.

Begging for sympathy? Smug? Arrogant? no way.

He freely admits that doing it in the way he did was stupid, and that he shoulda seen it coming. Does that make the RIAA or FBI any less full of shit? No way.

It's just a little ridiculous to call him all these names and accuse him of lying on every count just because he talks about stuff -- AFTER THE FACT. Him doing interviews doesn't make what he did any better, worse, dumber or more clever, but it does inform us and give us a peek inside the goings on of something the vast majority of us have an interest in.

Board footer