You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: If the Skwerl

Axlin16 wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:

I labeled you a hater because you accused him of lying and attributed actions and statements to him that he never did or said.

We have some common ground here, mainly that the RIAA are a bunch of pricks, what Skwerl did was stupid, and that we appreciate the songs.

Skwerl mentioned all three of these things in his interview.

You somehow think that investing time, money, sleepless nights, and all sorts of BS is negated if they mention their website or profession. Like if they don't do all of this completely anonymously that they're just shills and were in it for the exposure and traffic all along -- regardless of the cost in legal bills, time, etc.

The attention to MSL's website, career, and music is a byproduct, not the objective.

I don't care that you say that Skwerl is stupid for doing what he did, the only thing I was flabbergasted by was you labeling him as a liar and smug. He's as open and honest about what he did as anyone else in his position. You were literally pulling things out of thin air about him.

And why would I give someone negative karma? I don't even waste my time with that crap.

Agree to disagree then.

We do have some common ground, and yes smug was probably not the word. But I do think the whole thing smacks of arrogance and promo.

Anyways, next topic... tongue

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

From Skwerl's blog, 12 days before he leaked the songs:

"While working at Universal, I encountered an exec who had heard a bunch of the songs. When I asked him flat out if it was any good, he solemnly lowered his eyes and tone, and said, “Seriously? It’s some of the best fucking music I’ve ever heard in my life."

http://www.antiquiet.com/editorials/200 … ease-date/

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

From Skwerl's blog, 12 days before he leaked the songs:

"While working at Universal, I encountered an exec who had heard a bunch of the songs. When I asked him flat out if it was any good, he solemnly lowered his eyes and tone, and said, “Seriously? It’s some of the best fucking music I’ve ever heard in my life."

http://www.antiquiet.com/editorials/200 … ease-date/

I remember seeing that quote before the album came out, and remembered shaking my head at seeing it after the album came out.

I love Chinese Democracy, but come on!

The "unfinished" versions of some tracks that are on Chinese Democracy are among the best music I've ever heard in my life.

But I'm jaded and biased so it doesn't count.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, i'm kind of in the same boat as Handsome. I run around, talking about the songs being 'epic', and i'm laughed at. I talk up If The World, TWAT, Catcher, Sorry, Maddy, This I Love, Prostitute... as some of the best music i've ever heard or defintely some of the best GN'R tracks ever record under the name...

And i'm told "whatever you're smokin', I want some".

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:

We're emotionally invested in those tracks, and musical taste is intensely personal, so yeah, I mean, if it's some of the best you've ever heard, that's awesome.

I love TWAT, it's one of my favorite songs, but to give it that kind of label is almost to say that its appeal should extend beyond your personal tastes, which I never really expect it to.

Every time I meet another fellow gnr nut, it's an awesome experience, but I know how delusional I'd sound if I said "Chinese Democracy is the best album ever!"

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I read so many people online saying the songs arn't that good and what not.  Or who had particular expectations of things and they went a different direction or who want things to run differently.

And people who because of the drama, the politics and the unusual nature of GNR have become ashamed to be fans it seems.

But all that bullshit aside, if I'm honest about it, if i look at the Chinese Democracy songs as individual songs, I honestly think they are amongst the best music ever made.

It might be uncool to say it around here, but there's flashes of pure genius in some of these tracks, some of them really capture some raw emotion and inspiration. I'm really glad we got this album, the world would be missing something without it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:

We're emotionally invested in those tracks, and musical taste is intensely personal, so yeah, I mean, if it's some of the best you've ever heard, that's awesome.

I love TWAT, it's one of my favorite songs, but to give it that kind of label is almost to say that its appeal should extend beyond your personal tastes, which I never really expect it to.

Every time I meet another fellow gnr nut, it's an awesome experience, but I know how delusional I'd sound if I said "Chinese Democracy is the best album ever!"

Actually, I haven't meet a single other soul "out in the world", that owns CD other than myself.

Most don't even know it's out.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

I just saw skrewl on "infomania" which airs on current tv. The douche bag who was interviewing him said "chinese democracy sucks", but what the hell do those leftiest douchewads know...

Board footer