You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: If the Skwerl

RussTCB wrote:

removed

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

leftiest?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Its much easier to jump on the "CD Sucks Bandwagon" now that things have played out the way they have.

I agree. It's such a shame cos I honestly think it's great material.

But I think it's treated unfairly by the average person who hears it because of the controversy surrounding the Axl/Slash fued, the use of the same name for a new band, the wait, the riots of the past,  the media's love/hate relationship with Axl, the others who've come and gone,  and I guess in general what Duff famousy refered to as "all the fucking shit".

There's a host of opinions on all those topics, but in my mind, it's sad that amongst all that, how brilliant these songs are is often drowned out.

If i imagine if i'd never heard any of these tracks, and I think my life would be very different, they've really touched and inspired me at times, and whatever else happens, I'm always going to be thankful for that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The same people that think CD sucks, were the same ones who thought Hinder's last album was "epic".

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Its much easier to jump on the "CD Sucks Bandwagon" now that things have played out the way they have.

But I think it's treated unfairly by the average person who hears it because of the controversy surrounding the Axl/Slash fued, the use of the same name for a new band, the wait, the riots of the past,  the media's love/hate relationship with Axl, the others who've come and gone,  and I guess in general what Duff famousy refered to as "all the fucking shit".

There's a host of opinions on all those topics, but in my mind, it's sad that amongst all that, how brilliant these songs are is often drowned out.

If i imagine if i'd never heard any of these tracks, and I think my life would be very different, they've really touched and inspired me at times, and whatever else happens, I'm always going to be thankful for that.

Fuck yeah. But if the second album drops from the sky, it should be met with more grounded and realistic hype and expectations than the "mythical Chinese Democracy", and get a fairer hearing out over all. If that album has material equal in quality to CD and they actually work it and promote it, to make it a success, I think some people who ignorantly dismissed CD will find themselves revisting it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The same people that think CD sucks, were the same ones who thought Hinder's last album was "epic".

Not true at all.  Generalizing about a group because you don't agree with them is weak.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Fuck yeah. But if the second album drops from the sky, it should be met with more grounded and realistic hype and expectations than the "mythical Chinese Democracy", and get a fairer hearing out over all. If that album has material equal in quality to CD and they actually work it and promote it, to make it a success, I think some people who ignorantly dismissed CD will find themselves revisting it.

I didn't "ignotantly dismiss" CD - if I did, I wouldn't like TWAT so much.  The album sucks.  It's a logistical nightmare on every single level.  The songs are mixed poorly, overproduced, cluttered, choppy, and lack any kind of flow to them.  The booklet is possibly the worst booklet in the history of music.  There are a lot of valid resons for disliking the album.  Don't assume people just "ignorantly dismissed" CD if they don't like it.  All that does is show that while people can list valid reasons why they don't like it, you struggle to list valid reasons why they should.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I read so many people online saying the songs arn't that good and what not.  Or who had particular expectations of things and they went a different direction or who want things to run differently.

And people who because of the drama, the politics and the unusual nature of GNR have become ashamed to be fans it seems.

But all that bullshit aside, if I'm honest about it, if i look at the Chinese Democracy songs as individual songs, I honestly think they are amongst the best music ever made.

It might be uncool to say it around here, but there's flashes of pure genius in some of these tracks, some of them really capture some raw emotion and inspiration. I'm really glad we got this album, the world would be missing something without it.

You are entitled to this opinion.  You're wrong, but you're entitled to the opinion.  YOU might be missing something without it, but the rest of the world isn't missing anything.  It is not even amongst the best GnR music ever made, so how can it be amongst the best ever?  That's fanboy shit.  Get real - people don't care for the album because it isn't very good.  Not because they hate Axl or want Slash back or any other retarded reason thrown out by people that just don't want to accept that while they love the album, most people don't even like whatever they've heard from it. 

Step back and look at it objectively.  Is the record company, who knows way more about the music industry than you could ever dream of knowing, going to walk away from a great album out of spite?  Hell no, ALL they care about is money, so if CD was some super great album, they would have backed it regardless of what Axl did knowing that great music by Axl Rose as GnR is going to sell.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I didn't "ignotantly dismiss" CD - if I did, I wouldn't like TWAT so much.  The album sucks.  It's a logistical nightmare on every single level.  The songs are mixed poorly, overproduced, cluttered, choppy, and lack any kind of flow to them.  The booklet is possibly the worst booklet in the history of music.  There are a lot of valid resons for disliking the album.  Don't assume people just "ignorantly dismissed" CD if they don't like it.  All that does is show that while people can list valid reasons why they don't like it, you struggle to list valid reasons why they should.

Hark at you, I wouldnt ever make a list of why people should like any fucking thing whatsoever. People are entitled to like or dislike Chinese Democracy, there are plenty of people who gave the album a whirl and didnt like it, thats fine by me.
I'm just commenting on the fact that there are people out there who dismissed CD without even hearing a note because its cool to hate on Axl, bash new guns and CD and basically jump on the bandwagon. Or if they never "jumped on the bandwagon", many general music fans and potential listeners could simply have heard a lot of negative things about the album and just never thought it was worth giving it a try.

Board footer