You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: If the Skwerl

Olorin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You are entitled to this opinion.  You're wrong, but you're entitled to the opinion.  YOU might be missing something without it, but the rest of the world isn't missing anything.  It is not even amongst the best GnR music ever made, so how can it be amongst the best ever?  That's fanboy shit.  Get real - people don't care for the album because it isn't very good.  Not because they hate Axl or want Slash back or any other retarded reason thrown out by people that just don't want to accept that while they love the album, most people don't even like whatever they've heard from it. 

Step back and look at it objectively.  Is the record company, who knows way more about the music industry than you could ever dream of knowing, going to walk away from a great album out of spite?  Hell no, ALL they care about is money, so if CD was some super great album, they would have backed it regardless of what Axl did knowing that great music by Axl Rose as GnR is going to sell.

Who the fuck are you to tell anyone their opinion is wrong?

buzzsaw wrote:

I think his entire career is a flop.

Aye Buzzsaw, your entitled to your opinion of course  blah blah blah...

I'm right on both accounts.  Haven't you learned anything yet?  Geez.

That your a fuckin troll??  Learned that long time ago.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Yep.  Call names whan you can't refute the claims.  And I'm the troll...yeah, right.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Let's lay off the troll comments. Buzzsaw is a LONG TIME contributor, and yes he does say things that fire up opinion. But a troll... not at all.

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Yep.  Let me know who said that and when.  It won't be me I assure you.

WHAT?!?!?!

YOU might not of said it, but 99% of the haters i've seen bring negativity towards CD, say "where's Slash?"

Really?  I've never seen 1 person say that, and I've been around the forums forever.  I've seen people say I wonder what Slash could have done, but I've never seen anyone say I only hate the album because Slash isn't on it.  Never.

I haven't seen it on the boards either. Because it's loaded with fanboys.

I'm referring specifically to outside world off the internet, casual GN'R fans on the street and radio opinion. Those opinions. The ones that, ironically, count the most.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Yep.  Call names whan you can't refute the claims.  And I'm the troll...yeah, right.

"refute the claims"? 14

Whatever, I dont actually care enough to continue. Once upon a time mabye, but now I know everything you have to say off by heart, you've preached it often enough and even now your patter's still rotten. 
You're damn good at what you do, I almost fell into the trap of taking you seriously again, I've got to hand it to you 15

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I just thought it was honestly funny that you picked out the "Hinder fanatics" and that happens to be the favorite band (along with Daughtry) of the only 2 people I know who won't give CD a fair shake.

Well, I don't like Hinder at all and I can tolorate Daughtry.  I gave CD a shot.  I think it's a pile of crap.  Maybe I'm the exception to the rule, but based on the sales of the album, I don't think so.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You are entitled to this opinion.  You're wrong, but you're entitled to the opinion.  YOU might be missing something without it, but the rest of the world isn't missing anything.

Well when i said "the world" i ment in more of an artistic sence. Like the world of things that have been created. It's more of a philosophical idea that interests me, that a person creates something that lives a life of its own then. Take the song "Purple Haze" by Jimi Hendrix. When did hendrix die? 1970 or something I think. Yet guitarists are still inspired by him, people learn to play the instrument because of him today. That music gives the world something. The day it was made, life was a more beautiful place than the day before it was made.

Now its a little different with CD in the sence that it's clearly not as well known as hendrix, and so i'm not trying to say Axl is the new jimi or anything like that. But I am saying that some of these songs have touched me, and while many wouldn't know this album, many may not like it, and I doubt my individual responces are so unique. If i can be moved by some of the songs, then others can too. Sure there are people like yourself who this music (twat aside) doesn't reach or doesn't relate to, and that's valid, but you shouldn't discount people like me who it does.

So what i'm saying is, I know that this music added to my life, and I'm thankful that the people who made it took the trouble to do, and for that i'm thankful as it makes the world a better place for me and others like me. For the rest of you, well, you're probably thankful for whatever songs are special to your life.

buzzsaw wrote:

It is not even amongst the best GnR music ever made, so how can it be amongst the best ever?  That's fanboy shit.  Get real - people don't care for the album because it isn't very good.

Well that's your opinion. Obviously the name issue and and the line up changes make this a vexed topic, particularly for me as a guitarist as I have a lot of respect for what Slash and Izzy did together, just as i'm also pretty impressed by what bumble and bucket can do. So it does get complex....but comparing Axl with Axl...lyrics, melodies, range....I think the chinese songs are amongst his best work. Not better or worse. But at the same excellent standard.

buzzsaw wrote:

Step back and look at it objectively.  Is the record company, who knows way more about the music industry than you could ever dream of knowing, going to walk away from a great album out of spite?  Hell no, ALL they care about is money, so if CD was some super great album, they would have backed it regardless of what Axl did knowing that great music by Axl Rose as GnR is going to sell.

Being artistly great and comerically sucessful don't always have to go hand in hand. Although they often do as well. But I wouldn't discount that record companies are also full of politics, in a time of turmoil themselves after the corporate years and the subsequent colapse of things, and that axl himself clearly does stuff his own way, and that will no doubt shit them off back. And lets not forget that many don't accept the brand as anything other than Axl and Slash. There are many reasons this album may not have done massive numbers but I don't think it means the songs are sub standard. I guess you think differently and that's fine too. But I honestly think that the GNR politics aside, these songs are very good at a musical level.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I just thought it was honestly funny that you picked out the "Hinder fanatics" and that happens to be the favorite band (along with Daughtry) of the only 2 people I know who won't give CD a fair shake.

Well, I don't like Hinder at all and I can tolorate Daughtry.  I gave CD a shot.  I think it's a pile of crap.  Maybe I'm the exception to the rule, but based on the sales of the album, I don't think so.

I firmly believe the album didn't see well because it wasn't promoted well by either it's creators or the label

You don't think it had anything to do with the poor mix, the poor production, and the mass of crap going on in every song?  The songs were played on the radio.  The singles even charted for a brief time.  People heard those songs plus Shacklers, they just didn't like what they heard.  Maybe it could have done a little better with some promotion, but realistically not much better.  There were major issues that went well beyond the lack of promotion.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You are entitled to this opinion.  You're wrong, but you're entitled to the opinion.  YOU might be missing something without it, but the rest of the world isn't missing anything.

Well when i said "the world" i ment in more of an artistic sence. Like the world of things that have been created. It's more of a philosophical idea that interests me, that a person creates something that lives a life of its own then. Take the song "Purple Haze" by Jimi Hendrix. When did hendrix die? 1970 or something I think. Yet guitarists are still inspired by him, people learn to play the instrument because of him today. That music gives the world something. The day it was made, life was a more beautiful place than the day before it was made.

Now its a little different with CD in the sence that it's clearly not as well known as hendrix, and so i'm not trying to say Axl is the new jimi or anything like that. But I am saying that some of these songs have touched me, and while many wouldn't know this album, many may not like it, and I doubt my individual responces are so unique. If i can be moved by some of the songs, then others can too. Sure there are people like yourself who this music (twat aside) doesn't reach or doesn't relate to, and that's valid, but you shouldn't discount people like me who it does.

So what i'm saying is, I know that this music added to my life, and I'm thankful that the people who made it took the trouble to do, and for that i'm thankful as it makes the world a better place for me and others like me. For the rest of you, well, you're probably thankful for whatever songs are special to your life.

buzzsaw wrote:

It is not even amongst the best GnR music ever made, so how can it be amongst the best ever?  That's fanboy shit.  Get real - people don't care for the album because it isn't very good.

Well that's your opinion. Obviously the name issue and and the line up changes make this a vexed topic, particularly for me as a guitarist as I have a lot of respect for what Slash and Izzy did together, just as i'm also pretty impressed by what bumble and bucket can do. So it does get complex....but comparing Axl with Axl...lyrics, melodies, range....I think the chinese songs are amongst his best work. Not better or worse. But at the same excellent standard.

buzzsaw wrote:

Being artistly great and comerically sucessful don't always have to go hand in hand. Although they often do as well. But I wouldn't discount that record companies are also full of politics, in a time of turmoil themselves after the corporate years and the subsequent colapse of things, and that axl himself clearly does stuff his own way, and that will no doubt shit them off back. And lets not forget that many don't accept the brand as anything other than Axl and Slash. There are many reasons this album may not have done massive numbers but I don't think it means the songs are sub standard. I guess you think differently and that's fine too. But I honestly think that the GNR politics aside, these songs are very good at a musical level.

An artistically great album released under the name Guns N' Roses with Axl Rose at the helm wasn't going to be commercially successful?  Sorry, I refuse to believe that.

Board footer