You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: If the Skwerl

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

YOU might not of said it, but 99% of the haters i've seen bring negativity towards CD, say "where's Slash?"

Yeah, in my day to day life, if ever I mention a new song or my hope for a tour, the standard responce from people seems to be "are they back togehter?"/ "is slash back" / "who cares without slash" etc.

And I understand that for what it is. Slash is a fantastic guitarst both in the studio and live and very inspirational and an integral part of what made the old band the major success it was.

Myself I was able to enjoy that, yet be open to new muscial experiences and keep an open mind to what Axl and his new cohorts had to offer me musically. And for me, i was very happy with the results and very happy with the new songs.

And i'd guess there's people like Buzz who listend to them and didn't like them. But I think there's also people out there who didn't really give it a fair go either. And that is what it is I guess. When you release an album under a famous name with new people that's what happens. Axl must have known it would happen, he isn't dumb, but it felt right to him that way, and that's what we have. But i think it's a good album regardless.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Buzz thinks VR is way better.

He doesn't know good music.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Now that's funny.  Thanks for that.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

CD is not an epic album like some of the guys working with Axl said.  And I do not like Hinder or Daughtry.  And even if someone would what does it change?  Don't mean that just cause you like Hinder you'll think CD sucks.  And the reason I do not like CD ain't because Slash isn't on it.  Although he may have helped but even Slash couldn't have made CD epic.  CD is generally not good because like Buzz said it is overly produced badly mixed (Listen to Better closely you can actually hear the parts that were pasted).  CD is not good because the songs were worked on so much it lacks feelings.  Only song that I actually get the feeling Axl had was This I love but that is only the vocal parts.  The guitar parts lack feelings.  That is my opinion.  To me CD is an album that is full of songs that had tons of potential but that potential was killed by working on them too much and having them recorded by 1200 different musicians.  And yes I am exaggerating on the number of musicians at least I hope.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Buzz thinks VR is way better.

I'm a fan of VR as well, although i thought Slash showed off his talent better in the first Snakepit album. I agree with VR that they're best album is yet to come. I could see Axl releasing even better music in the future too, if he finds people he can work with happily in the long term.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

if we are worried about daughtry/hinder fans then therein lies the problem...daughtry and hinder are the mainstream right now, disposable catchy rock...and their fans outnumber gnr/axl fans so if thats where you wanna place the blame then fine

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I personally feel DJ Ashba was/is the step into a more radio-friendly sound.

Might as well. Everyone else from GNR's day are doing it. Crue, Metallica, Chains...

Board footer