You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: If the Skwerl

buzzsaw wrote:

The only way you can be a GnR fan is if you like them no matter how shitty the product is.  That is some people's definition of being a fan.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The only way you can be a GnR fan is if you like them no matter how shitty the product is.  That is some people's definition of being a fan.

That's a fanatic in my dictionary. I've seen a lot of posts like that..."we should support them no matter what they do".

No wonder the world is fucked.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've found the most level-headed fans to be people that can LOVE CD, but also be completely objective about it's production and GN'R.

Like DCK said above. Someone who follows blindly, like many we've seen on the other boards, as well as the beggars & hangers on within the GN'R camp are in fact fanatics.

These are the same type of people, after a SECOND child molestation court case, were still outside with signs supporting MJ, and talking about how he was being persecuted because he's black... and the one holding the picket is white. That is a fanatic.

And scarily, there are some people in the fan world, that Axl could murder an entire orphanage of children on Christmas eve with various farm implements, and they'd find some way to rationalize it in their head, and continue to defend the guy. I don't think Axl's the nazi the naysayers make him out to be, but I don't think he's the saint the nutswingers think he is. I'm somewhere in the middle. He's just another sum bitch in a long line of sum bitches, no different than myself.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
supaplex wrote:

i am. i can be put in both those categories (got the leaks, didn't buy the album). please, why am i not a fan? i am open to discussion if i am a G N' R fan if you bring valid points.

and you didn't say what a G N' R fan is in your view.

I didn't realise that before, but yeah, you don't come under my definition of a fan. You don't like the music and you didn't buy it.

you tell me i'm not a fan based on my opinion about one album. gnr have more than one album.

i think the songs are nice, listenable. i like some live versions of the songs on the album.

i don't like the finished product because it's cut and paste, or at least that's how it feels to me. i cannot relate to a whole song from start to finish.

the booklet of the album is mediocre and the lyrics are wrong, missing full verses. not one full band photo exists except from a few ones on stage at the end of a show.

i did not buy the album because i still hope that we'll get a re-release with a proper booklet. it's all i ask and hope for. nothing more.

i wish the leader of the band could move on because his fan-base has moved on and it's interested in new music/shows from him and the band.

i have bought all the other records of this band. i have 200+ dvd's of bootlegs (thank you liberators, sharers and traders). i have bought merchandise from both the old and the new band. i have traveled abroad to see this band 2 years ago and it was the best rock show in my life. i hope they tour again and i get to see them again because they're great. i'll still be there in the first rows, because they put on a great show.

all i ask back is a little respect, and i don't feel it's there.

as far as your posts go, you're just another voice in the crowd, defending an album but i'm sick and tired of people like you coming here acting like you're above us because you've bought one album. i've watched people like you all these years voicing their opinion and i've kept distance because it's just a rock band. but i'm sick of y'all fans talking down to others. i didn't buy one album and that makes me not a fan. wow!

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

im a fan of gnr
Not a fan of this band as much tho.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Who said the product was shitty?  Isn't that a matter of opinion?

You're a fan of the old lineup, isn't that fair to say?  You like ONE song from the new lineup, so I'd hardly consider you a fan of "new" GNR.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

you wanna know where my copy of Chinese Democracy is?  I can't tell cause I can't remember where the fuck I put it.  And why I can't remember where it is?  Cause I stopped listening to the album a week or 2 after it was released.  And don't blame the leaks cause the leaks weren't on a regular rotation neither.  The album lacks something that is called good lasting music.  Not a bad album but not a memorable one.  So because of that CD is probably where my Libertad album is (another album I have no clue where I put it).

You might want to try alphabetizing your CDs or arranging them by year.
Another idea is to get some sort of display rack, that way you can keep all of your CDs in one place.

Try to remember the last place you saw them, and then re-trace your steps from there.

Let us know if you find it.

Cheers.

No kidding.  Dude, you gotta get more organized.  You seem to be losing shit all over the place.  That's not a good thing, no matter how much or how little you value them.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
supaplex wrote:

but you're going after the people that downloaded the leaks or downloaded this album without buing it.

you're standing here saying they are not true fans. well, here i am.

I think you are still a fan...but I think part of atari's original point stands:

It came up in the context of if most people who D/L songs on the net pay for them latter after trialing them.

I thought he was saying that while a lot of fans of the band on here downloaded the album, and then went and bought a paid copy, it's less likely that casual listeners and non-fans would do this.

Which isn't to say someone with a deep interest in GNR (like yourself) who doesn't buy the record isn't a fan. (Although TBH i do feel you should to support what you are interested in - but that's a seperate issue).

So what I mean is....some people who downloaded the album would have been people with less interest in GNR than a fan like you, and basicly were just checking it out, if there had been no leaks and no internet theft in general, then those "experment" type listeners may have purchased it to check it out.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And scarily, there are some people in the fan world, that Axl could murder an entire orphanage of children on Christmas eve with various farm implements, and they'd find some way to rationalize it in their head, and continue to defend the guy.

Hahha...

For me it comes back to the reason I like the band in the first place.

Personally I enjoy the music, and that isn't altered by whatever else happens. So i guess you could say I can divorse the person from their talent in general.

I think Axl is the best rock vocalist i've ever heard. And he could turn into the easter bunny, give billions to charity or set off a nuke killing millions and he will always be that best rock vocalist to me. So I may approve or dissaprove of his actions in life, but I'm always going to be a fan because of his music.

I think the same about Michael Jackson now you mention him. Incredible tallent. Some of this other stuff with the kids or whatever is way disturbing and I disaprove of that (if it's true) but it's not going to change the fact that MJ is one of the most gifted peformers in years.

I'm not a fan of Axl because of his PR skills, and I'm not a fan of MJ because of his babysitting abilities...i'm fans of these people because of their music, and so will remain so pretty much whatever the hell else happens.

Board footer