You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Eddie Trunk: What's Up With Guns N Roses?

Tommie wrote:

Eddie Trunk: What's Up With Guns N Roses?
Saturday • May 16,  2009   10:17:27 AM

What's up with Guns N Roses? I hear that question all the time and honestly do not know. Some sources recently told me the band was rehearsing for a few months in LA for what many people thought would be a tour (why else would you rehearse?), but that has stopped and there is no plan at all at this point. Strange if true especially when you consider they added a new member recently.

No matter how you feel about G&R this really has been another strange chapter with this band since Chinese came out. The album did OK sales wise, but nobody can possibly be happy with the lack of airplay, interest and sales in the USA with all the anticipation for it to come out. Hard to comprehend how the ball could appear to be so badly dropped here on so many fronts. Who knows what the next move is or who is to blame?

I can only personally say good things about Axl. He was cool as shit when he came to my studio a couple years ago and gave me what is still a mega exclusive many talk about to this day. Hopefully there is a bigger picture plan yet to be revealed, but it is strangely silent right now. Of course Axl knows he has an open door anytime he wants to speak again on my shows.

Source: eddietrunk.com
Forum discussion: http://www.gnrdailyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=137

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I think Eddie knows as much as us so it doesnt concern me about the tour. I like the fact he is honest about GN'R dropping the ball though, its refreshing to know its just not on the forums people are wondering about the apparent lack of interest, airplay and sales.

I'm beginning to wonder if Azoff and Goulds comments are as empty as Mercks "2005 is the year of Guns N' Roses".

Sky Dog wrote:

I would venture to say that management has never been the cause of the problems......

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

He asks what we're all thinking.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
madagas wrote:

I would venture to say that management has never been the cause of the problems......

Me neither, doesnt mean their words were about great things coming for GN'R fans were not empty though. They must have known there were going to be problems with Axls no show on the launch of the album.
I'm still holding out for something interesting to happen, a new website with media would be a good start. I would hope that those fan questions have not been cast aside and forgotten, it would be pretty cool to hear the responces.
I read through Axls online chats again the other day and it was still a good read. I wouldnt blame him however if he doesnt ever come back online since he has taken a fair amount of stick since his chat and interviews.
I think I would be like "fuck you" if I had looked at the shit thats been written over the last couple of months.

Going back to this interview with Andy Gould on the eve of the release:

He completely side steps the question about what its like to work with Axl, it struck me as very odd at the time.

Is Andy Gould still there? I heard he had left GN'R now.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

there are a few crazy rumors floating around about the status of gnr at the moment...

Sky Dog wrote:

Neemo, what are the rumors? hmm

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I'm going to throw my conspiracy theory into the ring for the laugh..
Slash has announced that his solo album will not be out until next year.

Why would there be that long of a delay when he will be done recording by June/July?

He can't tour the album for obvious reasons so all he will be doing is making videos and doing interviews. 

He appears to be clearing his schedule for the FALL.
Why?

I'll just baste myself and wait for the flaming to begin...
lol

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Slash and Axl aint gonna happen. Ever.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Rumor:

Axl is once again in the process of "re-visioning" GN'R. The forthcoming incarnation of Guns will be as the world's preeminent jug band.

Bumblefoot – guitar, kazoo, banjo, vocals
Axl Rose – harmonica, vocals
Tommy Stinson – washtub bass
Dizzy Reed – washboard, kazoo, tin cup, vocals
DJ Ashba – banjo, mandolin, guitar, vocals
Frank Ferrer – foot crusher, jug, kazoo, vocals

Board footer