You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Revisiting the Billboard Interview

buzzsaw wrote:
-D- wrote:

Axl hasn't indicated in any interview that he is allergic to money.

Everything he's done over the past 15 years indicates he's allergic to money unless he can earn it his way.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

nah

I think if he wasn't about making money, there wouldn't have been a BB deal and he probably wouldn't have kept the name. He also wouldn't have sold his publishing to Sanctuary for 20 million

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

D - 3 million copies of an album full of already established hits and rock classics is NOT THE SAME AS A NEW RECORD.

The Eagles... God I'm tired of mentioning them... Keep bitching about having the biggest selling album of all time, but its their best of and nobody counts those as an actual album... Because its not.

And I haven't seen anything in an interview that would show me Slash or Axl would whore themselves out for money to sell a record.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Guess I need to get over it already

I am sorry and like I said, people think because I have such an affection for the old band I somehow am not a fan of the new band.

I do like the new band but I can't understand how a GNR fan wouldn't want to see the original lineup back together.

Sky Dog wrote:

I'll take anything I can get at this point.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

D - 3 million copies of an album full of already established hits and rock classics is NOT THE SAME AS A NEW RECORD.

GH sold in excess of 4 million copies in the US alone and in the top 200 for 138 weeks

CD sold around 500k in the USA and was out of the top 200 inside of 20 weeks....BIG difference..

I know i'm only going by US sales, but nowhere else has worldwide sales been cited as a measure of financial success, CD is the first i've heard of that

as to it not being a new record...its a shame that Axl didnt release it on the heals of the GH release, then there may have been some interest to help boost its sales. for comparisons Death magnetic has sold in excess of 1.7 million and Black Ice has sold over 2 million

but hey a 1/4 of those #'s are good enough for gnr "all things considered" right? dont try to sugarcoat it I dunno why some people still can't accept that it drastically underacheived hmm

Sky Dog wrote:

US accounts for 40% of all record sales worldwide....make of that what you will.

-D-

-D- wrote:

I guess why I can't let go of the past is cause GNR were the FIRST band I got into on my own.

Other bands i love like Kiss,bon jovi, and Prince, I got into cause of my older brother

GNR i pretty much discovered on my own and I have such an attachment cause that was when I was becoming a teenager, fallin in love for the first time etc and that band was there for all of it and got me through so many rough times.

which is why i go overboard sometimes defending them.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I'll take anything I can get at this point.

What ^said. CD vol. 2 or the old band playing Jungle. I'll take either, but will probably get neither.

Neemo, Chinese Democracy is the only album where you need to factor in sales from Cameroon. Every other album uses U.S. sales as a measure of success(or lack thereof).

Board footer