You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: Revisiting the Billboard Interview

mickronson wrote:

I heard the title track twice on radio 1, and that was only cuz they were advertising the fact they were gonna play it..  Other than that, it went away very quietly.
Better was played once after the 2nd time I heard C.D.  Not very good but thats just our piss poor "play what the boss tells you to play" radio stations.
edit:  this was before Better was a "single" btw.. they played it for the hell of it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I heard CD only twice on the radio, and that was within a week of it's initial release to radio. I never heard Better on the radio, to this very day, and that's even after requesting it.

I actually listened to a local radio show during the first week of CD's release, where the 'radio team' for that particular show, did an entire bit for about 30 minutes, about how they were in a big argument with their program director who "demanded" that they play the new GN'R track on their classic rock station, because that was what the audience wanted to hear, and they were countering with that fact that they had received no requests for it, and when they played it and asked listeners for reviews, it was overwhelmingly negative, and that was the reason they weren't playing it, and there boss was furious with them.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Better was played a few times on Radio 1, but it got edited (mutilated) after a week then quietly disapeared. Rock Radio plays GN'R every day but only the old stuff, they played Chinese Democracy a fair bit when it was released but I never heard them play Better. Mick Wall played Madagascar on his Classic Rock Magazine show on the same station a couple of weeks ago.
They have Axl on their website in a top 10 rock gods list "...because he's just so cool" is the caption.
Once I get my portable radio I will be requesting a song from CD now and again while i'm at work, I know a few of the dj's liked the album and I think they would play some. Catcher, IRS and If The World are the songs I'm going to try get played now and again, I figure they might just catch on. 5

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Vince Neil and Tommy Lee hated each other so much they punched each other out. Vince and Nikki punched each other out

they are all friends today and kicking ass

I don't see why GNR couldn't

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Me either

There's no shit that each other couldn't get past. Several other bands, VH included, have FAR more water under the bridge than GN'R. In fact i'd go so far to say GN'R has the most love of any broke up band ever. It's all about  Axl's BPD mind towards Slash. One minute "I love the guy", the next minute "he's a cancer".

WTF?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

OK last I heard there were no plans for a reunion, I'm sure Axl mentioned it somewhere....

Soooo anyway.

Some artists like to test out their new songs in their car stereos or invite friends to the studio to hear playbacks. How did you listen to the album when it was a work in progress?

My studio, car stereos, a CD Walkman, computers and different speaker setups, clubs, iPods. Actually, our first leaks were from using a sound system in a strip club in the early hours when it was basically empty. I went there to play the tracks for someone I was interested in working with. I'd gone there with a guy who worked band security, who was allegedly somehow related to the owners, feeling it was a bit more of a protected environment than it turned out to be.

The album sounds amazing in the car, theres something special about cranking an album up when your on a long journey and singing your balls off. The music sounds so much better in that enclosed space.

I actually crashed my work van into the back of a family of tourists on a country road in 2007 listening to the demos.
I was singing The Blues at the top of my voice and admiring the scenery and never noticed they had stopped suddenly, I skidded and smashed into then knocking their car right into a field.
What a twat I felt sad

So would the songs I was listening to have came from that strip club?
How would that have worked, would someone just have pressed record while they were being played?

Olorin wrote:

I'm sure Axl mentioned it somewhere....

Yeah, people seem to forget this:

"Give me a fucking break. What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is."

It doesn't matter what he says, some will never let it go.

The guy could probably die and people would still think that a reunion is possible...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I actually think as soon as Axl dies, a reunion does happen if the others are young enough.  They all seem to get along fine.  Once Axl dies, there's nothing to stop them from getting together.  Of course it won't be any more of a true reunion than the band today being Guns N' Roses, but it's better than nothing.

In fact, if I were them, I'd do it anyway minus Axl.

Sky Dog wrote:

I think they should too...let Izzy and Duff sing...do a nasty Stones/Stooges/Dolls type record....just go in the studio and blast it out.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I guess what pisses Axl off, is how no matter what SLash does, he is viewed as this amazing great guy when Axl knows of all the shit he has done as far as drugs, stealing etc back in the day

Like he comes to Axl's house, talks shit about his current bandmates but yet Axl still comes off as the asshole

It's like no matter what Slash does, Axl can't win and I can understand how that could piss Axl off.

Board footer