You are not logged in. Please register or login.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

Re: Trent Blasts Axl In New Interview

huntermc wrote:

Just saw this at here: http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/v … 80#1788780

Reznor explains that he wants to be a leader for peers through example and believes the most interesting way to do that right now is on-line, not on-stage. The he laughs at the pretentiousness sound of this statement. "I'm not an idiot, I swear. I'm not some fucking Axl Rose!" he smiles. Clearly the man who wrote Hurt is feeling pretty good.

Kinda underscores how Trent is viewed as this new-media visionary, while Axl has become a punchline. I do think that Trent is being a bit unfair - Axl isn't a fucking idiot, but I think he does have some serious mental problems which hampered his career.

Oh yeah, and he blasts Gene Simmons, too.

"I've always been drawn to some sort of hook. And theatrical things, a sense of art direction: Gene Simmons was a big influence. I am truly embarrassed to say that now, with what he's become. he's a corny, jive, ridiculous person who embodies everything that I despise in the music industry. It's not about art or even quality, it's about the product for sale."

And Manson, too.

"There was a sensationalism in the press, too, because it was extreme music and it wasn't hidden behind a manufactured character like Marilyn Manson. There was not mask, it was just me.

He is a malicious guy and will step on anyone's face to succeed and cross any line of decency. Seeing him now, drugs and alcohol rule his life and he's become a dopey clown. He used to be the smartest guy in the room."

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I like Trent but he is starting to piss me off with his ridiculous slagging of everybody
He had the nerve to say something about Prince who pretty much paved the fucking way for how major artists use the internet to sell music.

Now Axl..................

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

Yeah, I get the sense that while everybody loves Trent (myself included), he doesn't hold back when he thinks someone isn't cool enough to like him. Like when he was asked about the Lollapalooza 99 show and said something like "Fred Durst can surf a sheet of plywood up my ass." Say what you will about Durst, but he had always been a vocal NIN fan (like Axl) and when Trent dissed him in the press it started a war of words.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Trent can say what he wants but he just seems to act as if he is better than everyone else.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Maybe one day Trent will write a song I will enjoy....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'm with you DCK...NIN sucks

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Well it's pretty low of him to just drop names like that. Especially people like Axl and stuff who not only supported him when he was nowhere near big in the early 90's but were also vocal fans and have never said anything negative about him openly in the press.

Sky Dog wrote:

Trent is turning in to the definition of pretentious asshole. I mean do your own thing and don't worry about everyone else. His last few records suck to boot. With Teeth was great though.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I'm not a NiN fan at all, but everything he said is pretty accurate.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I don't care that he spoke bad about Axl, but I'm not sure where he was going with that?!  It seems like it was part of a bigger statement. I guess he was referring to not caring about playing on stage.

As for Gene Simmons & MM, he's spot on.  Kiss is like Trix, meant for kids. MM was always phoney, pop-music version of Ministry & others.

Board footer