You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Trent Blasts Axl In New Interview

Bono wrote:

Comments like "Trent doesn't have talent" is what sucks cock cause it's clearly a biased uneductated opinion. Like or dislike Trent Reznor FACT is he has talent.

And Trent would be lucky if he's as relevant as Axl in 2009? What? NIN just headlined the Sasquatch Festival. Gn'R ain't headlining shit in North America unless a guy in the band is wearing a top hat.  NIN is a much more respected and relevent band in todays' music world than Axl and his parody of Gn'R will ever be. Sorry but teenagers listening to Flo Rida, Miley, and Lady Gaga who have Jungle, PC and SCOM on a  mixed cd doesn't make Axl relevent. Maybe Axl's relevent in 2009 but it's on shows like "where are they now" or "Whatever happend to...."

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Fuck "relevance" though...that's just what the media tells people to enjoy and follow...you could be relevant if you had the dollars to spend.

I also don't accept the argument from others that to be 'more' talented you have to do more things. Shakesphere is considered to be the best writer - or one of - but he probably can't dance and sing.....being amazing at one or two things is enough to make you insanely talented.

Another point is that you dont have to enjoy a stlye of music to see someone is talented. I dont like classical music, but I can see one of my old school friends who is a professional violinist is crazy talented.

Anyway...

Both Axl and Trent do what they do 100 times better than a 'normal' person who does it. That's why they are famous and make professional music. Not just anyone with pro tools can make a NIN album, and not just anyone with a mike can hold the stage and sing like Axl.

they're both awesome.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dont care what trent has to say about Axl....he still sucks though

I like 2 NIN songs from the entire catalogue Hurt and HLAH and they are both form eons ago....the new stuff blows, that other song, hand that feeds is an uninspired peice of trash

again my opinion on NIN has nothing to do with Trent's comments on Axl, i just don't like NIN

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Comments like "Trent doesn't have talent" is what sucks cock cause it's clearly a biased uneductated opinion. Like or dislike Trent Reznor FACT is he has talent.

And Trent would be lucky if he's as relevant as Axl in 2009? What? NIN just headlined the Sasquatch Festival. Gn'R ain't headlining shit in North America unless a guy in the band is wearing a top hat.  NIN is a much more respected and relevent band in todays' music world than Axl and his parody of Gn'R will ever be. Sorry but teenagers listening to Flo Rida, Miley, and Lady Gaga who have Jungle, PC and SCOM on a  mixed cd doesn't make Axl relevent. Maybe Axl's relevent in 2009 but it's on shows like "where are they now" or "Whatever happend to...."

Even if Trent is as relevant as Axl now, like I said before, that's not saying much.  Axl/GNR is not very relevant in this day and age here in the US.  But with that being said, even with all that Trent has done over the last few years and the advacements that he's made, fan interaction, etc.  NIN is a far cry from their height of popularity.  You ask the average person on the street and they'll recall that NIN was huge in the 90's and don't realize they're still making music.  They have a devoted fanbase but the casual listener isn't that interested in them at the moment.  Therefore they're about as relevant as GNR.  The general public could care less about either of them.  Just because NIN is playing shows and headlining the Sasquatch Fest doesn't mean they're relevant.  I also have a feeling that having Jane's Addiction with them didn't hurt their chances at headlining.  GNR could easily team up with a known band and headline a festival.  At least that's my belief, I know you'll disagree and that's fine.

Again, I'm not knocking Trent and what he's accomplished with NIN.  They were huge in the 90's and I liked quite a few of their songs.  Loved "Hurt".  But I could care less about them today, and I'm quite sure I'm not alone on that front.

Jeez... Who cares.

Mudslinging between "celebrities" tabloid style?

No, thanks.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

NIN had no problem selling shows last year in North America when they had no name openers and played arenas. Right now there is no question whose live show sells better, and also no question whose live show is ballsier.

I didn't want to get sucked into this because I don't care if you're pissed about Trent insulting Axl, but if this is going to be just a series of flames at NIN, which it now is, then I will step in.

NIN isn't hugely popular in the media because they had the guts to cut ties with labels. They don't have much interest in being a huge band with casual listeners, they just want to be the most fan-friendly for the hardcores. And since they have enough hardcore fans to tour North America every year playing large venues, everything works out right.

NIN less relevant than Guns? Maybe, but only because of AFD. Guns is only relevant because they went silent for 15 years, and if ChiDem was properly promoted they'd be less relevant. The best thing Guns relevancy has going for it is the fact that their newest album came and went with only a small whisper. NIN's lost relevance because they kept making records in their late 30s/40s. The usual thing happened. They're not 'new' anymore, they can't live up to their earlier hits regardless of quality, and casual fans drop off and stop paying attention. But NIN was willing to move forward and accept that, and adopt a plan fit for a band of that age and caliber.

For the record, even if NIN is less relevant, they've been way more influential than Guns.

Fact remains that NIN is paving new ground while GNR remains scared to step forward. Fact is NIN's tours in NA since UYI have sold better than anything Guns has tried to do.

Personally, I think this thread should be locked.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Communist China wrote:

NIN had no problem selling shows last year in North America when they had no name openers and played arenas. Right now there is no question whose live show sells better, and also no question whose live show is ballsier.

I didn't want to get sucked into this because I don't care if you're pissed about Trent insulting Axl, but if this is going to be just a series of flames at NIN, which it now is, then I will step in.

NIN isn't hugely popular in the media because they had the guts to cut ties with labels. They don't have much interest in being a huge band with casual listeners, they just want to be the most fan-friendly for the hardcores. And since they have enough hardcore fans to tour North America every year playing large venues, everything works out right.

NIN less relevant than Guns? Maybe, but only because of AFD. Guns is only relevant because they went silent for 15 years, and if ChiDem was properly promoted they'd be less relevant. The best thing Guns relevancy has going for it is the fact that their newest album came and went with only a small whisper. NIN's lost relevance because they kept making records in their late 30s/40s. The usual thing happened. They're not 'new' anymore, they can't live up to their earlier hits regardless of quality, and casual fans drop off and stop paying attention. But NIN was willing to move forward and accept that, and adopt a plan fit for a band of that age and caliber.

For the record, even if NIN is less relevant, they've been way more influential than Guns.

Fact remains that NIN is paving new ground while GNR remains scared to step forward. Fact is NIN's tours in NA since UYI have sold better than anything Guns has tried to do.

Personally, I think this thread should be locked.

I don't know if that was aimed at me, among others, but I didn't think I was flaming NIN, sorry if it came across that way.  Just stating that I, and many others, could care less about them today.  Thought they were great in the 90's, haven't cared to follow them since.  MANY people could and have said the same thing about GNR.

Also, I'm not sure why it's wrong to say you hate NIN, or Trent (and for the record, I never said that).  People do that about Axl/GNR all the time.  It's a matter of opinion.  Not everyone loves NIN or GNR.  That's a FACT.  I wouldn't get too worried about it.

And again, I could care less that Trent called Axl an idiot, or whatever he said, it was so meaningless to me I've already forgotten.  People have said much worse about him than that.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

^ All I'd like to call it Russ, is an unusual opinion.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer