You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Trent Blasts Axl In New Interview

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't suppose anybody can palm mute a link to PHM?  I can't find my CD and all this trent talk has me wanting to listen to it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Meh, Axl's a has-been but so is Reznor.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i do like the majority of earlier nin material and respect trent as a musician for doing what axl fails to do and that is release music consistently.

axl would do well to take a page from trent's book and rely less on mediocre talent musicians and more on himself.

if axl made his own music without laboring so much to include whoever is "in the band" at the time - it would probably rule.

as far as the comment trent brought against axl, i'd tell trent to grow up.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Comments like "Trent doesn't have talent" is what sucks cock cause it's clearly a biased uneductated opinion. Like or dislike Trent Reznor FACT is he has talent.

And Trent would be lucky if he's as relevant as Axl in 2009? What? NIN just headlined the Sasquatch Festival. Gn'R ain't headlining shit in North America unless a guy in the band is wearing a top hat.  NIN is a much more respected and relevent band in todays' music world than Axl and his parody of Gn'R will ever be. Sorry but teenagers listening to Flo Rida, Miley, and Lady Gaga who have Jungle, PC and SCOM on a  mixed cd doesn't make Axl relevent. Maybe Axl's relevent in 2009 but it's on shows like "where are they now" or "Whatever happend to...."

Even if Trent is as relevant as Axl now, like I said before, that's not saying much.  Axl/GNR is not very relevant in this day and age here in the US.  But with that being said, even with all that Trent has done over the last few years and the advacements that he's made, fan interaction, etc.  NIN is a far cry from their height of popularity.  You ask the average person on the street and they'll recall that NIN was huge in the 90's and don't realize they're still making music.  They have a devoted fanbase but the casual listener isn't that interested in them at the moment.  Therefore they're about as relevant as GNR.  The general public could care less about either of them.  Just because NIN is playing shows and headlining the Sasquatch Fest doesn't mean they're relevant.  I also have a feeling that having Jane's Addiction with them didn't hurt their chances at headlining.  GNR could easily team up with a known band and headline a festival.  At least that's my belief, I know you'll disagree and that's fine.

Again, I'm not knocking Trent and what he's accomplished with NIN.  They were huge in the 90's and I liked quite a few of their songs.  Loved "Hurt".  But I could care less about them today, and I'm quite sure I'm not alone on that front.

16  I guess there's no explanation why they play sold out arena shows then on their last tour. Rexall in Edmonton holds 19 000 people and it was sold right out. NIN by themselves.  Jane's Addiction has fuck all to do with NIN's being successful 16 NIN would never have sold that building out int eh 90's. You're not in the loop if you think NIN isn't relevant in todays music scene or world.  You don't see Radiohead toping charts or hear them on top 40 radio either do ya and who's gonna argue they aren't relevant? Your definition of relevant is going down a  slippery slope where you'll find Miley Cyrus at the bottom.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Hey check it out; I love CD and I'm not at all a fan of NIN.

Oh and that's not stupid, a lie, fuck, dumb or whatever else you want to call it.

It is stupid. I can't for the life of me see how any hard rock fan can't appreciate at least some NIN but to go on tangents like some have about how Trent sucks balls and  rant about how they fucking hate that lame ass band NIN only AFTER Trent calls Axl an idiot is fanboy reaction at it's worst. Hard rock Gn'R fans who like CD flat out hating everything NIN has ever done? At the very least that's  denial.

People hate me on this topic anyways but how many of you actually even  fucking listend to NIN back in the day or was back in the day just when you saw them on MTV and knew their song Closer?  Seriously Trent a "has been", "Not relevant",  "washed up", "no talent" I have to agree with CC and say this thread should be locked.  NIn are as popular or even mro so now than they were back then. I know what I think doesn't mean shit but I think this thread contains some of the worst posts and opinions I've read in years.  I'm not even a massive NIN fan but honestly some of the shit said in here is ridiculous. Russ you wanna talk about venomous attacks well it's pretty damn hilarious to see the venomous hate that's spewed towards NIN and Trent  only after Trent insults their hero 16

Anyways.... whatever 19

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I dont understand what Trent was implying when he said that, his words never made any sense. It just seems like a vague knock at Axl for no very good reason.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

Russ you wanna talk about venomous attacks well it's pretty damn hilarious to see the venomous hate that's spewed towards NIN and Trent  only after Trent insults their hero 16

its cuz i otherwise couldn't give a shit about NIN... 16

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

There is no denying that NIN can still play sold out shows in the U.S. They certainly are still popular and relevant. There is no doubt in that. I just don't get it. I didn't get it in the 90s, when all the "cool" people were wearing their NIN shirts. I thought the music sucked then, and I most certainly do now. There may be some elements of Reznor influence on CD, but its not like CD and NIN are carbon copies. Its just not. So it is not crazy to say NIN sucks, while CD is great. And thats how I feel.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

To me this is like one dude bitching (Trent) that his girlfriend (Robin) keeps sneaking off and giving some asshole (Axl) blowjobs.

Except in this case, the girlfriend is ugly. (can't play guitar)

Board footer