You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Re: Eminem gets all up in that ass

Brett wrote:

Everyone knows this is staged - if it wasn't, he'd have done a whole album crying about it by now.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I just saw the video...I call bullshit.  NO way that was real.  If it was real, he woulda flipped out and started beating on him.  Now THAT would be a way to get people talking.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I guess you're right, must be fake.  Cohen towers over tiny tim.  Em is a small man with a big mouth.
I cant stand the guy or his music, or rap for that matter.
"that wigger ass shit" ~ Zakk Wylde

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its definitely staged. MTV would never allow a star like Eminem to be put in such a situation unless he knew about it beforehand. It gives all parties involved a buzz. Its currently the top news story on Yahoo.

It worked.

Award shows are choreographed to the last nanosecond anyways, and you can bet incidents such as this are as well.

Hmmm, good point, he must be a real stupid asshole then, unless Em from day one has been parodying rap artists.

Hard to take a guy from the streets hardcore, with his really lame 'posse' he runs around with, and yet he turns around and signs off on pratically getting teabagged on TV.

Steve Guttenburg wouldn't sign off on that, if he were invited.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:

I just saw the video...I call bullshit.  NO way that was real.  If it was real, he woulda flipped out and started beating on him.  Now THAT would be a way to get people talking.

Dude, I dunno.  Was it staged that Cohen's rope would get stuck & he
d fall on Eminem?  Yes. Of course. 

Did Eminem seem to know this would happen to him?  I don't think you can so adamantly say Yes.  He seems to get truly bitter right away saying "Get this motherf****er off me." pushes him off, and jolts right out. I'm not so positive that was fake. I don't think he was in on the joke. As Axlin08 stated, COhen's humor thrives on unknowing, uncomfortable subjects being pushed to their limits of their comfort zone. I don't know that he would have agreed to a gig where the victim was acting. It could've come off as really cheesy.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

You make some good points, I guess I'm just disappointed with how tame he reacted.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

It was clearly staged for Bruno to land on Em since the camera zoomed in on him while Bruno was still well above him.

But did Em know about this - I'm not so sure.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

He reacted tame because he's FULL OF SHIT. He's only a tough guy when he's supplanting his own ego with his godlike complex in his music, or on stage, or in interviews.

He's no different than Axl. Remember how many people after the whole 1992 VMA thing lost just about all of that "Axl Rose bad ass" shroud, when he was doing all this threatening to Cobain, and Kurt & Courtney were making him look like an ass the whole time, and all he did was get pissy, call some names, and threaten. Nothing more. But he didn't throw down, and Kurt knew he wouldn't. Kurt went there that night to yank his chain, and was totally successful doing it.

Em's reaction seemed real, and it came across as tame because he is tame in reality. He's a product, and people just saw how much of a product he is.

Like Snow said. Was it planned for Cohen's stuff to malfunction? Yes. Was it planned to happen right over Em's chair? Yes. Was Em informed of this? Yes, actually - in a sense. I think he was told something would happen, as a joke, but not exactly what. Then this happen.

If you watch that tape Em says "are you serious?" "are you mother fuckin serious?". It could be a reaction of I was told something would happen, but not this exactly, so he stormed off, because of what the joke ended up being.

All I can say, is if this wasn't staged, there's somebody on that MTV production staff that is gay and waiting for the moment that their boss would sign off on "yeah, that guy is irrelevant at this point. Go for it"

And if that could be the case of taking a gay character and intentionally humiliating Em with them because of his past attitudes. Like others have said - Axl better be glad he didn't show up.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Eminem is actually one of the realest people in the music industry. He is no product, Axlin.

I think it was a set up and all parties knew about it.

Board footer