You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Axl Rose vs. Metallica

PaSnow wrote:

The funny thing is you stated they were "public" in 2000 & 2002.  That's how low the bar is set for this new band. A couple shows in 2000 (Vegas & RIR, anything else?) and in 2002 a VMA performance, but followed by a failed tour.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

^ In defence of Axl, from the first video, it wasn't really much of an exaggeration.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Monkey I hate to break it to you, but GN'R hasn't ever went public. That's the big problem.

Most people considered the few times Axl emerged to perform on stage, a solo act, and most still consider the death date on GN'R to be July 17, 1993. I used to not agree with that, but now I do.

Oh, does anyone know where I can find that Eddie Trunk interview? I'd love to listen to it again. Haven't heard it since 2006.

AtariLegend wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Oh, does anyone know where I can find that Eddie Trunk interview? I'd love to listen to it again. Haven't heard it since 2006.

From the MYGNR Audio Archive:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R6XGDJN9

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Thx man. Imaginary Karma for you. 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Monkey I hate to break it to you, but GN'R hasn't ever went public. That's the big problem.

Most people considered the few times Axl emerged to perform on stage, a solo act, and most still consider the death date on GN'R to be July 17, 1993. I used to not agree with that, but now I do.

Yeah..it's true to most of the general public GNR was Axl, Slash etc....

What I mean is like:

Lets say in 2004 you wanted to write an article, maybe about Bandmembers who went on without others or something, and so wanted a recent photo of Axl Rose, you'd have been going back to the photos from the 2002 tour or older. There wasn't anything current. 

Now if you want to make the same article this year in 2009, you'd be going back to the 2007 tour.

Gaps of a couple of years appear to have been the way this band has done things for more than a decade, there's been a handful of years of activity....it's half the reason why the fan base goes mental....for me I like it when stuff happens enough that i'm ok with it...but I know lots of people arn't!

Board footer