You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Who's DJ?

monkeychow wrote:

Each to their own I guess.

That robin solo spot posted above kinda highlights my issue with him...by the end it's bluesy and killer...but the first 1/2 of that video...well it's not for me I guess.

Robin had a lot of great stage pressence, and the TIL solo has its moments...I'm not a hater of him but to say its the best rock solo of all time is rating it well above what I would.

From what i've seen of DJ his style seems to blend perfectly with robins and also slash's - i think he could be the solution to a lot of problems. But time will tell. Believe me i'll be the first to change my mind if he gets up there and doesn't nail the AFD solos!

robin67
 Rep: 7 

robin67 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
robin67 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Fucking kudos (and karma) for posting this. I love (and miss) that motherfucker!!

the fans miss robin. does axl? if axl missed robin like the fans..DJ would not be in the picture. axl shafted robin

I went to see nin last week just to see Robin and felt bad for him. He was just kinda standing there through the whole show.

robin was just standing there cause he feels he got the shaft from axl with chinese democracy before and after its release to the public for commerical spotlight

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
robin67 wrote:

robin was just standing there cause he feels he got the shaft from axl with chinese democracy before and after its release to the public for commerical spotlight

I highly doubt that's why he was standing there.

Even if he had stayed in GNR he would have received no commercial spotlight. All these guys are just as faceless as they were before the record was released. Before release, only members the public and media cared about were Axl and Tommy. After release, only members the public and media care about are Axl and Tommy. The album has zero factor in that. Would have been the case had it never been released.

For such a hardcore Finck fan, it seems like you would be glad he's in NIN. He fits better there and is appreciated by Trent and NIN fans. He's also posted on NIN chat rooms, and hasn't said anything to his GNR fans.

robin67

robin67 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Each to their own I guess.

That robin solo spot posted above kinda highlights my issue with him...by the end it's bluesy and killer...but the first 1/2 of that video...well it's not for me I guess.

Robin had a lot of great stage pressence, and the TIL solo has its moments...I'm not a hater of him but to say its the best rock solo of all time is rating it well above what I would.

From what i've seen of DJ his style seems to blend perfectly with robins and also slash's - i think he could be the solution to a lot of problems. But time will tell. Believe me i'll be the first to change my mind if he gets up there and doesn't nail the AFD solos!

robin's got stage presence on stage with guns n' roses. DJ doesn't. stage presence = epic solos. robin's TIL solo's epic. the greatest. i surprised you don't rate it the best. what do you rate the greatest? i rate robin's TIL solo #1. better than slash's child o' mine. better than stairway to heaven. better than layla. better than them all. you're mind should be changed. axl should change his mind bringing robin back for the fans

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Serious question.....

Are you Nesquick "taking the piss" on Finck fans?

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

robin's got stage presence on stage with guns n' roses. DJ doesn't. stage presence = epic solos. robin's TIL solo's epic. the greatest. i surprised you don't rate it the best. what do you rate the greatest? i rate robin's TIL solo #1. better than slash's child o' mine. better than stairway to heaven. better than layla. better than them all. you're mind should be changed. axl should change his mind bringing robin back for the fans

This is a joke right?  There is no way anyone in their right mind believes this.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I think i've been punked lol

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Just in case you're legit....

robin67 wrote:

robin's got stage presence on stage with guns n' roses. DJ doesn't.

100% true. DJ hasn't played on a stage with GNR yet so he has no presence big_smile

I think Robin has great stage presence, but I think DJ's style will suit the band well and hopefully he'll also have some charms on stage. Time will tell.

robin67 wrote:

robin's TIL solo's epic. the greatest. i surprised you don't rate it the best. what do you rate the greatest? i rate robin's TIL solo #1. better than slash's child o' mine. better than stairway to heaven. better than layla. better than them all.

The TIL solo has it's moments to me, there's a lot of feeling in it and I like that. There's no way I would rate it the #1 solo of all time though. But for that matter I wouldn't rate any solo as #1 from any one artist. It's a question of finding the perfect solo for each song. There's a collection of solos that I think are amongst the best ever, but rating one against another at that level gets silly, as one may be technically harder but not have suited another song...and so forth. It's all about how they are used.

robin67 wrote:

axl should change his mind bringing robin back for the fans

Not to sound like an Axl nutswinger....but it wasn't axl who got rid of robin. He left to rejoin NIN. And by some accounts he left without really explaining what he intended. He was off in NIN for the better part of a year before a replacement was announced either. so I'd say he had his chance to sort out whatever was going on between them.

robin67

robin67 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Just in case you're legit....

robin67 wrote:

robin's got stage presence on stage with guns n' roses. DJ doesn't.

100% true. DJ hasn't played on a stage with GNR yet so he has no presence big_smile

I think Robin has great stage presence, but I think DJ's style will suit the band well and hopefully he'll also have some charms on stage. Time will tell.

robin67 wrote:

robin's TIL solo's epic. the greatest. i surprised you don't rate it the best. what do you rate the greatest? i rate robin's TIL solo #1. better than slash's child o' mine. better than stairway to heaven. better than layla. better than them all.

The TIL solo has it's moments to me, there's a lot of feeling in it and I like that. There's no way I would rate it the #1 solo of all time though. But for that matter I wouldn't rate any solo as #1 from any one artist. It's a question of finding the perfect solo for each song. There's a collection of solos that I think are amongst the best ever, but rating one against another at that level gets silly, as one may be technically harder but not have suited another song...and so forth. It's all about how they are used.

robin67 wrote:

axl should change his mind bringing robin back for the fans

Not to sound like an Axl nutswinger....but it wasn't axl who got rid of robin. He left to rejoin NIN. And by some accounts he left without really explaining what he intended. He was off in NIN for the better part of a year before a replacement was announced either. so I'd say he had his chance to sort out whatever was going on between them.

time won't tell. robin was the star for gnr on stage. DJ's a nobody. he's a never was. he doesn't deserve to play any solo robin worked hard recording on the album. robin's TIL solo is the greatest. axl took years to make TIL. which means robin worked on the solo for years. axl's a perfectionist. axl made the perfect record. the solo on TIL from robin is perfect. it's axl perfect. axl had robin make the perfect solo. it's perfect. that said, axl did get rid of robin. the same way paul got rid of john. robin wanted the album out in 2006. axl said no. robin had no choice but to go to NIN. he had no choice. axl forced him into this position

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Theres only one GN'R guitarist who I've ever heard the crowd shout towards, "boooo, get off!" - and it wasnt Slash.....

Board footer