You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Axl's fired and re hired Azoff 3 times in last 5 weeks!

misterID wrote:

Was there any curiosity factor for CD?  Even the 4 million hits on their myspace for the album pretty much matches the world wide sells. I really don't think their was any curiosity factor in CD sells. If there was it wasn't much.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Was there any curiosity factor for CD?  Even the 4 million hits on their myspace for the album pretty much matches the world wide sells. I really don't think their was any curiosity factor in CD sells. If there was it wasn't much.

Seriously?  Curiosity was almost all the sales and every sale to a non-forum member.

Sky Dog wrote:

did you take a poll? Was this a scientific study? 13

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I always said the 2nd album will tell the tale on this GNR lineup.

If u don't think there was a "curiosity factor" involved with CD, u are kidding yourselves.

People use that argument with why VR did great with CB and shitty with Libertad but yet when it is used towards GNR all of a sudden it is a dumb theory.

I think Axl purposely didn't market the album just to get sales from people who had no idea this was a new band. if he did a shit load of promo, more people would realize this was a new band and maybe not be as interested.

I'd love for Axl to release a killer new album, do promo, tour etc but there is nothing he has done in the last 15 years that would make me think he is capable of doing that so we are all kidding ourselves.

misterID

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Seriously?  Curiosity was almost all the sales and every sale to a non-forum member.

And that's a fact that... you just made up. Nice....:haha:

misterID

misterID wrote:

I don't buy the "curiosity factor." Anyone with CD curiosity could have streamed it on myspace or heard the leaks. I just don't see the casual music buying public being very curious about GNR. If they were, there were outlets where they could hear it and wouldn't have to spend a dime.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

What killed the album was lack of release strategy and no good singles.

singles for the most part drive record sales. CD is a great "album" but it doesn't have that lightning in the bottle, cross over relatable smash

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Was this when Axl Fired Azoff, and then rehired him when he helped him up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFuEJjVDjJI

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Ditch this Chinese shit and era(or wrap it in a box like Madagas said), and come back next year with a marketable lineup capable of writing killer tunes.

Axl
Tommy
DJ Ashba
Kim Thayil
Justine Frischmann
Pitman
Dizzy
Greg Bissonette

Amazing lineup in place, killer songs written and ready for launch pad.

What a load of horseshit. The only real GNR line up is:

Axl
Buzsaw
Paxcow
Jarmo
James Lofton

I'll lock you all in a room, with 3 straws, an old accoustic, an atari, a tamborine and a pack of gum and I  won't allow release till I get my new AFD wink

Board footer