You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Axl's fired and re hired Azoff 3 times in last 5 weeks!

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Ditch this Chinese shit and era(or wrap it in a box like Madagas said), and come back next year with a marketable lineup capable of writing killer tunes.

Axl
Tommy
DJ Ashba
Kim Thayil
Justine Frischmann
Pitman
Dizzy
Greg Bissonette

Amazing lineup in place, killer songs written and ready for launch pad.

What a load of horseshit. The only real GNR line up is:

Axl
Buzsaw
Paxcow
Jarmo
James Lofton

I'll lock you all in a room, with 3 straws, an old accoustic, an atari, a tamborine and a pack of gum and I  won't allow release till I get my new AFD wink

Wow - mentioned in the same post as Jarmo.  What an honor.

That album would have sold about as well as CD did.  The sales CD made were all but guaranteed by the name GnR and the curiosity factor, so regardless of who or what was on it, the results would have been about the same.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I dunno, all this talk about GnR needing a great single, honestly, I think Better was the best he had. I would doubt if anything good is in the vaults it'd be more of a radio hit than that. Not saying it's epic, I think it's a good song, catchy, listenable, 3-4 minutes. Everything you could want in a single. One problem was alot of us heard it 2 years before.. Another problem was nobody (Axl, UMG etc) pushed it for added airplay.

-D- wrote:

I've told this story to death but I'll tell it again, I went to a Kiss concert back in 2000 or so and Skid Row was opening and i was fucking excited. I thought Baz looked weird, gained a bit of weight and lost some of his voice......... I found out like a year later he wasn't in the fucking band.

That is hysterical..

monkeychow wrote:

Axl
Buzsaw
Paxcow
Jarmo
James Lofton

The best GN'R-lineup ever?

No, that's possibly the greatest band ever created in the history of mankind.

Throw in me and we'll rule the Universe.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Why was Merck fired? I cant remember... hmm

Olorin wrote:

Why was Merck fired?

Christmas... 2006... Letter... March 6th...

Ringing any bells?

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Oh aye, I'll google his letter

Here's his response to Axl and GN'R fans:

http://www.gunsnroses.us/news/spip.php?article130

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I've read that and Axls "letter to fans":

http://www.gunsnroses.us/news/spip.php?article129

Its still as clear as mud 14 It sounds like Axl thought Merck was taking the piss and Merck thought he was trying to get things done and moving.

One other thing I've noticed is I've read Axl mention video's in press releases in 2002 and 2006, yet in 2009 he says being asked for one caught him on the hop and they had to begin writing some.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I've told this story to death but I'll tell it again, I went to a Kiss concert back in 2000 or so and Skid Row was opening and i was fucking excited. I thought Baz looked weird, gained a bit of weight and lost some of his voice......... I found out like a year later he wasn't in the fucking band.

If this was me I wouldn't even tell people. I would be dead embaressed.

Olorin wrote:

Its still as clear as mud

Well, yeah - it's an awfully complex story.

I guess that we'll never really know the truth since we weren't there ourselves. One can only assume that one or the other is telling the truth.

And I was just reminded about how many ABSURD theories/rumours I've read over the years regarding GN'R but one in particular takes the price.

It could have been in 2003 or 2004. I don't remember.

But it was the annual Superbowl and as usual there were speculations about Guns N' Roses or Axl performing during halftime.

Of course, it didn't happen but Paul McCartney was there and performed Hey Jude by The Beatles.

After it was finished some odd numbered posters starting debating whether or not it was Axl dressed up as Paul fucking McCartney singing the song because they thought they'd heard Axl's raspy voice during the ending and they thought he looked like him!

I remember one (who obviously hadn't heard the song before...) even thinking that it was a new GN'R song namned Hey Jew.

Jesus Christ.

Board footer