You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Axl's fired and re hired Azoff 3 times in last 5 weeks!

Axl S wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

It could have been in 2003 or 2004. I don't remember.

But it was the annual Superbowl and as usual there were speculations about Guns N' Roses or Axl performing during halftime.

Of course, it didn't happen but Paul McCartney was there and performed Hey Jude by The Beatles.

After it was finished some odd numbered posters starting debating whether or not it was Axl dressed up as Paul fucking McCartney singing the song because they thought they'd heard Axl's raspy voice during the ending and they thought he looked like him!

I remember one (who obviously hadn't heard the song before...) even thinking that it was a new GN'R song namned Hey Jew.

Jesus Christ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojkHjVnlnIg

DO YOU NOT HEAR THE RASP 16

I seriously hope the posters thinking that weren't serious.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

It could have been in 2003 or 2004. I don't remember.

But it was the annual Superbowl and as usual there were speculations about Guns N' Roses or Axl performing during halftime.

Of course, it didn't happen but Paul McCartney was there and performed Hey Jude by The Beatles.

After it was finished some odd numbered posters starting debating whether or not it was Axl dressed up as Paul fucking McCartney singing the song because they thought they'd heard Axl's raspy voice during the ending and they thought he looked like him!

I remember one (who obviously hadn't heard the song before...) even thinking that it was a new GN'R song namned Hey Jew.

Jesus Christ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojkHjVnlnIg

DO YOU NOT HEAR THE RASP 16

I seriously hope the posters thinking that weren't serious.

Yeah, that HAD to be a joke. Are you sure it wasn't Russian Roullete??

Anyway, I never once will believe a Super Bowl Rumor. Or any GnR appearance rumor, aside from MTV or something silly like that. For the Grammy's, Super Bowl, etc too much corporate & advertising rides on it, and being late or a no-show is completely out of the question. So the suits would never hire GnR as a result. They'd take Green Day, Pearl Jam, Metallica, U2 etc over them time after time.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

This is what Im talking about. The resurrection syndrome...RIGHT THERE.

AtariLegend wrote:

That "Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na" was a pretty big foreshadowing of "Catcher In The Rye" though, you gotta admit guys.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

One of favourite bullshite stories was from when I bought tickets for the Glasgow 2001 show, then a press release came out saying it had been cancelled because "Buckethead had internal haemorrhaging".
It reminded me of the kinda shit I would pull when I would phone in sick for work when I was too hungover to go in. I would make it as gruesome as possible so no questions were asked, like explosive gas and diarrhea.

Then the icing on the cake was when Axl stood on stage saying he never even knew about a tour and read about it on the internet... roll

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, that HAD to be a joke.

Oh, trust me they were serious.

I've heard even more weird stuff than that but that's probably the funniest.

Aside from Axl going into celibacy and becoming a bald Buddhist monk, that is.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Singing Ebony and Ivory with Lionel Ritchie was never officially ruled out smile

Olorin wrote:

Singing Ebony and Ivory with Lionel Ritchie was never officially ruled out

Well, neither was a contribution by Lionel Ritchie on a new GN'R track called Down By The Sea.

Pretty funny that there actually is a new song called Down By The Ocean.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Maybe it was Under the Sea.

buzzsaw wrote:

Maybe it was Under the Sea.

No, but I can totally see Axl singing songs from The Little Mermaid.

Board footer