You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Axl's fired and re hired Azoff 3 times in last 5 weeks!

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Thank you gnfnraxl.

People totally miscontrue what I say. I don't give a SHIT, and I repeat, I don't give a SHIT whether mainstream people like new Guns. As long as the music is good, is all I care about.

But I don't run Universal. Axl's got a brand name, that's bigger than headlining Rockalohoma, and Universal is not going to LET Axl Rose, regardless of his ownership of the name, drive it's profitability into the ground. They'll blacklist him, then refuse to let him out of his contract.

That's where the problem lies imo. I think for Axl to play ball with the Guns N' Roses name, he's going to have to see some sort of mainstream relevance & successful to suffice UMG.

This comes down to business.

The last thing I am is one of those people that if my friend's don't think it's cool, then it's not cool.

I have taken shit after shit after shit for the last decade for supporting Axl. At this point I might as well right this doomed train to it runs into the ravine, because I need to follow through with it, instead of looking like more of an ass to alot of people for supporting the man.

I have been negative and have bashed this lineup my fair share but at the end of the day I am still a GNR fan and an Axl fan.

Maybe I am totally not reading this right, but if your friends don't think GNR are cool, they are not cool?

EDIT: sorry dude, 4am and My reading skills were still half asleep

I remember back in 92 being ridiculed as fuck by my friends cause they were big into grunge and I still blasted my Bon Jovi,Prince and Kiss albums.  I could give a fuck what my friends thought. I cared so much I even went and painted a big Gold Prince Symbol on the hood of my car.

I can bash GNR all day but if u ask me 'Are you a GNR Fan"  I will tell u fuck yeah I am and nothing will ever change that.

Do I wish Axl would get his shit together? Of Course

Do I want a reunion? Hell Yeah I do

but Axl has saved me more times than I can count when my life was out of control and I was miserable and I won't ever jump off this ship no matter how far down it sinks.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

No he said the last thing he is, is someone who would think like that.

"I cared so much I even went and painted a big Gold Prince Symbol on the hood of my car."

This thread needs pics big_smile

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Oh fuck it was rad

I had this little white Convertible that was bad ass and I fell asleep at th wheel and wrecked it thus fucking it up

anyhow, I got it fixed but the front bumper didn't match the rest of the car and I have a friend who is an amateur painter.

I had set up an appointment to get it professionally painted like 6 weeks from then, so i let my friend have some fun with it.

he painted it purple and put a gold prince symbol on the hood

till this day, people from my town call me Prince. They don't know me by my real name, but if u say "Prince" they know who u are talking about

LOL

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

Bono...don't be petty and don't put words in my mouth. MY FRIENDS don't own the new U2 album, haven't even mentioned that they have an album out, and simply don't buy that many albums anymore. To be honest, they are more worried about selling off the ten houses they bought before the real estate market collapsed. They were and still are U2 fans but they don't go out of their way to buy U2 records, and they definitely would not go out of their way to buy Chinese. Just making a counter point to a silly argument.

What the fuck you crying about? My post was genuinely serious. I honestly don't personally know any U2 fans other than myself and I don't know anyone who owns U2 albums. Fucking cry me a river for agreeing with you. unreal.

Sorry.....I thought you were mocking my point. 19

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I don't enjoy, watching a man I used to love from afar

20:love::love::love::love:

DCK

DCK wrote:

I don't enjoy, watching a man I used to love from afar

20:love::love::love::love:

I don't love, admire or seek any form of guidance, support or anything else from a rock star. It's all just for entertainment. If I would take offense over a crappy booklet (which was horrible btw), I've taken my interest in this fucked up world much too far. Because it is...it's a lot of shit and the fans doesn't get treated well at all sometimes. The whole dynamics of GNR or GNR's fanbase are so crazy I can't involve myself in it from a more personal, deep level. It would drive me nuts, and there's many nuts GNR/Axl fans out there.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

That just means the band never really meant something to you, which is ok.  To some people, the band and the music played a huge role in our lives.  You can't discount that because you weren't emotionally involved.  Others were.  Some still are.  There's nothing wrong with that.  I understand the people on the other side of the spectrum from me.  I don't always agree with them or get what they are saying, but I can relate to being passionate about the music that means something to them.  I respect it even when I don't get it (like the Robin love for example).

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

None of the other bands I care about have ever released such a thing as a "draft" version of the booklet. All of them take a great deal of care and pride in their products.
I dont know how I would feel if it was a band that didnt mean anything to me. I suppose since they never meant anything to me, then  I wouldnt have been excited and looking forward to the release for so many years and I wouldnt have been so very disapointed. I would probably still be a bit annoyed though and would just think they were half-arsed clowns.

I was suprised to read some people saying they never even look at booklets for any album they buy, especially the way it was said to scorn at people who did care about it. Its all part of the experience for me though with any album and helps me understand and appreciate the artist's intentions fully.

Axl said in the chats:

"whether anyone cares about such things the booklet or artwork has  always been something I've been passionate about"

I for one was happy to hear him saying that cause I cared a lot and I always believed Axl put a lot of thought into his works and must have been been raging about it as well. But I was actually beginning to doubt it as whenever I or anyone brought it up at htgth it was deleted or met with "who gives a fuck" Since his people lurk there and hold influence I started thinking that might be GN'Rs official stance. So it meant a lot to me hearing from Axl directly that he was also upset about it, I didnt feel such an outcast anymore for feeling the same way.

What pisses me off is that, even with dyslexia, with one quick scan of the booklet, errors jumped out at me. Its hard to fathom how cutting and pasting lyrics can go so wrong, its a complete lack care and interest by whoever done it. I just cant believe that noone in production noticed before going past the point of no return, they must have known and that why I think they disrespected us by throwing it out anyway.

This is one thing that absolutely cant be thrown back at Axl, he's not responsible for bloody everything afterall.
If this is an example of the kind of efforts that Interscope has been putting into GN'R over the years then no fucking wonder Axl is fucked off with them and the band "hates" them.
This booklet has to be an Interscope product, so when you consider the things Axl and Tommy said in interviews about Interscope not putting in any real effort etc it paints a clearer picture of what they were telling us about their dealings with that label.

DCK

DCK wrote:

That just means the band never really meant something to you, which is ok.

Don't be silly. I've been following this thing as close as any of the other hardcores for the past 10 years. Of course it means something to me, I wouldn't be here otherwise. It means a lot to me in terms of the enjoyment I've gotten out of it. The concert I attended in 2006...the joy of listening to TWAT for the first time...Bumble mailing me..or being told by a friend of mine which also is a friend of Ron that "dude, it's REALLY coming out..but you didn't hear it from me" (Chinese, summer 2008). The time I met Tommy and we spoke about touring, albums, music videos (he said it was sure they would release one..hihi) or how he put forward his disliking of Buckethead. All great.

But I'm not getting into this as some GNR fans do. To some, GNR controls their life. They may cry and shout and deny it all they want, but it still does.

As a teenager I was so into football and my fave team that my mood swung by their results on saturdays evenings. Never again would I put myself in that situation again.

Sky Dog wrote:
Olorin wrote:

None of the other bands I care about have ever released such a thing as a "draft" version of the booklet. All of them take a great deal of care and pride in their products.
I dont know how I would feel if it was a band that didnt mean anything to me. I suppose since they never meant anything to me, then  I wouldnt have been excited and looking forward to the release for so many years and I wouldnt have been so very disapointed. I would probably still be a bit annoyed though and would just think they were half-arsed clowns.

I was suprised to read some people saying they never even look at booklets for any album they buy, especially the way it was said to scorn at people who did care about it. Its all part of the experience for me though with any album and helps me understand and appreciate the artist's intentions fully.

Axl said in the chats:

"whether anyone cares about such things the booklet or artwork has  always been something I've been passionate about"

I for one was happy to hear him saying that cause I cared a lot and I always believed Axl put a lot of thought into his works and must have been been raging about it as well. But I was actually beginning to doubt it as whenever I or anyone brought it up at htgth it was deleted or met with "who gives a fuck" Since his people lurk there and hold influence I started thinking that might be GN'Rs official stance. So it meant a lot to me hearing from Axl directly that he was also upset about it, I didnt feel such an outcast anymore for feeling the same way.

What pisses me off is that, even with dyslexia, with one quick scan of the booklet, errors jumped out at me. Its hard to fathom how cutting and pasting lyrics can go so wrong, its a complete lack care and interest by whoever done it. I just cant believe that noone in production noticed before going past the point of no return, they must have known and that why I think they disrespected us by throwing it out anyway.

This is one thing that absolutely cant be thrown back at Axl, he's not responsible for bloody everything afterall.
If this is an example of the kind of efforts that Interscope has been putting into GN'R over the years then no fucking wonder Axl is fucked off with them and the band "hates" them.
This booklet has to be an Interscope product, so when you consider the things Axl and Tommy said in interviews about Interscope not putting in any real effort etc it paints a clearer picture of what they were telling us about their dealings with that label.

If anything, this album deserved a proper booklet. Just like Smile, it was a legendary recording-for good and bad. Smile had a very long booklet and some wonderful comments from Brian Wilson. At the very least Axl should have stepped in and made damn sure this thing didn't go to production without accurate lyrics. The credits were very detailed and great, but the rest was shit. To me, after all the stuff Axl went through with this album, it is silly that he wasn't involved in every last issue until Nov 22nd. You don't drop the ball like that. 17

Board footer