You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: New Megadeth album "DONE"...Get ready Droogies!!

Gunslinger wrote:

STUDIO UPDATE: "WE ARE DONE!"

Dave Mustaine has issued the following studio update at TheLIVELine.com:

"I'm at the studio right now, Vic's Garage, and we are done! We're just right now finishing the last couple of notes on the new record, and Andy's getting ready to pack his bags and head up to Los Angeles tomorrow to get ready to fly back home on Thursday. Man, this has been a long, grueling, enduring process but it's been so worth it, and I'm so excited. I'm more excited about this record then I've been in any record since back in the 1980's. I would say, probably since, well definitely since "Rust In Peace" there's nothing that's excited me this much - maybe "Countdown", but this is just absolutely insane."

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:

This is great news!  Megadeth had a little dip in their greatness with Risk and Cryptic Writings but they have definitely rebounded.  Ever since the track "Kill the King" surfaced on Capital Punishment they have refound themselves with a vengeance.  The World Needs A Hero/The System Has Failed and United Abominations have all been very welcome additions to the Megadeth arsenal and the new album sounds like it will continue in this tradition!

VERY excited!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

nice 9

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm only mildly into megadeth but dave is a hell of a guitarist so i'll check this out!

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I expect some incredible guitar playing with this guy playing lead.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Rex wrote:

I expect some incredible guitar playing with this guy playing lead.

That video always blows my mind. Also I disagree with Cryptic Writings and Risk being a dip. Sure they're my least two favourite but each has some killer tracks. Trust, She Wolf and Almost Honest off of Cryptic Writings are very good songs, although not as heavy as normal Megadeth fare. Also Crush Em, Insomnia, I'll Be There and Breadline whilst also not normal Megadeth-style songs are also in my opinion good tracks. I find most of the work on The World Needs A Hero to be boring and uninspired with The System Has Failed only being mildly better being helped greatly by songs like Back in the Day and Kick The Chair. That said United Abominations was a fantastic album and a great addition to Megadeth's discography.

New Megadeth song. Well more a riff but sounds killer.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Another snippet of a new song. This one's called Headcrusher, it sounds killer

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

cant wait to hear it

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Also I disagree with Cryptic Writings and Risk being a dip. Sure they're my least two favourite but each has some killer tracks.

If they are your LEAST two favorites wouldn't you consider that a dip??  Lol

By the way, I agree with the songs you say were still good songs and I'd add one of my favorites to that list as well...A SECRET PLACE

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/headcrusher/7

DOWNLOAD THE NEW SONG THERE!

It sounds killer. Best thing I've heard from Dave since well a very long time. Better than anything on United Abomiantions and The System Has Failed, and I like those albums immensely.

Board footer