You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: New AIC Album Sept 29

metallex78 wrote:

pm please

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

This just landed on my desk today. The disk. It has no PA sticker.  Sweet digipak.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

pm please

check the pm box, dude... you were one of the peoples i sent one to

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

holy hell... great record...
the very last part of private hell... where it sounds like layne... like REALLLY sounds like layne...( jerry )... had me in tears....

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Only listened to the first 4 tracks (and the title track) so far and I'm liking it a lot. All Secrets Known starts with a somewhat average riff but then the next second it gets a little weird and gross, and AIC is back. Also very glad to hear so much of DuVall on Last of My Kind. I was a little worried that there would be too much Jerry domination on the disk and DuVall wouldn't get a chance to shine.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

pm please

check the pm box, dude... you were one of the peoples i sent one to

Yeah, I did, thanks heaps for that.

Listening now, sounds pretty killer so far. William doesn't sound much like Layne like people have been saying, it's only a little bit when he does some harmonies with Jerry, otherwise he doesn't really sound anything like him. At least on what I've heard so far.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Glad to hear some Jerry shredding on there too!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Currently listening right now (thx to Tyler, shout out)

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

1. All Secrets Known - not overly impressed. Instrumentally it's solid, but the vocals are a tad boring.

2. Check My Brain - great tune. A+. A crossover track that appeals to everyone. This should've been the album opener.

3. Last of My Kind - not impressed at all. Average track, guitar work is nice, but the song just doesn't catch. It hurts it even more that it's 6 minutes long, and could probably be 3 tops.

4. Your Decision - great track. Sounds like it could be a lost Jar of Flies track.

5. A Looking In View - a track that when originally released, I didn't know what to quite make of it. It was the first AIC in a decade, it had alot of expectations on it. As first I wasn't sold. Then the track grew on me and grew on me, so much to a point now, that it just might be the best track on the album, and one of their best ever. Other than Check My Brain and maybe Your Decision, when this track kicks in, it pretty much overshadows the opening of the album.

6. When The Sun Rose Again - a bit of a departure. Almost before AIC's time. This almost sounds like something an 80's hair band would take a stab at on an acoustic outing. Vocals aren't catchy, but the guitar sure as hell is. So far, it seems like Jerry really is the one shining on this album. I think this track will be a 'grower'.

7. Acid Bubble - A Looking In View is one, and Acid Bubble is another. This sounds like something vintage AIC would do. Straight forward rock, a solid and memorable track. Definitely one of the epics on the album at 7 minutes. Eerie at times. You can almost hear
Layne's ghost.

8. Lesson Learned - a great track. Catchy vocals, one of the highlights of the album.

9. Take Her Out - meh, just kind of there.

10. Private Hell - one of the best tracks on the album. Total epic.

11. Black Gives Way To Blue - the studio cut does it alot more justice. I started tearing up. An ode to Layne. Might be one of the greatest tracks they've ever recorded, and Elton John's piano doesn't distract, it simply compliments, and gives depth to Jerry's vocals.

Not the best album of the last decade like some were predicting, but certaintly not Cosmos Rocks. This is total AIC, a great album, and deservingly should be right there with the other titles in their catalog. In some ways, a more well-rounded experience than Tripod.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Album is killler, thanks for hooking me up Tyler. All bands take note, this is how you make a comeback!

Board footer