You are not logged in. Please register or login.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

Re: What does your crystal ball see in the future for the Gunners?

skippy wrote:

Here's how I see it breaking down for the next few months:

Axl will go onto a cat grooming website and finally give the inside scoop on the making of Chinese Democracy, and his new cat "Mr. Kittlesworth".

Danny Cooksey will replace D.J. Ashba on guitar.

Buckethead will release 14 new CDs.

Matt Sorum will take his "Illusion-era" tribute band, "Use Your Protrusion", on the road.  Bumblefoot will jam with them.

Richard Fortus will fart into a microphone on stage with James Taylor, and it will be hailed as, "the juicyest, most soulful, technically skilled fart expelled out of anyone's ass EVER, and is just as good as Buckethead's", by someone.

Alas, the band will not tour.

But they will sue someone, blame someone, and tease some poor idiot into getting their hopes up, with the words, "soon" and "possibly".

Please share your predictions.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Icebergs dead ahead.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
skippy wrote:

Here's how I see it breaking down for the next few months:

Axl will go onto a cat grooming website and finally give the inside scoop on the making of Chinese Democracy, and his new cat "Mr. Kittlesworth".

Actually Axl was supposed to have an upcoming interview with a horse magazine or something. It got put back or something.

I'm serious.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

More of the same.
They will tour. Eventually.
Axl will show up. Eventually.
X amount of fans will still cry for a reunion
Maybe another album within 5 years time
But there will be a band existing...with members.
There's never an "end" or one of Americas most favorite sentences: "This is it".

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

i don't think there will be a tour this year. i think the whole dj ashba thing was a waste of everyones time and so pathetic even announcing it(even tho i understand they had to say something.)he will never play with them. i think this incarnation is dead in the water and most likely will never play live or release anything again. i do think that sometime in the next 5 to 10 years the public will hear axl's shit from the vaults. no reunion either unfortunately. i think that inducting the original band into the r&r hall of fame although deserving would be a waste of time also. not trying to be negative or funny. i love axl and wanted the best for him in this line-up or a reunion but i think he is so out of touch with reality and so far goned that he just may never show his face again. if he goes as long as he did from 94 to 99he'll be 53 years old. no axl, when it comes down to it you don't owe us anything and blah blah blah but you have wasted an entire careers worth of music and entertainment. one more prediction..........whether right or wrong or whatever, slash's solo album will at least double the u.s sales of chinese democracy.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I have no idea what will happen.

My best guess would be silence for another 6-12 months followed by a european or south american tour.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Mine shows Nothing. It's blank except....wait...I see....A bike leaning up against a wall.....and me, Neemo and James...and Buzz....skipping Shackler's Revenge when it comes up on shuffle on our iPods

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Can any of you see next weeks lotto numbers in there somewhere???

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Hrm....Well....I see...you....driving home with a lottery ticket...and....you watch the news to get the numbers.....and youre jumping up and down.....cause the numbers i gave were wrong tongue

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

he will never play with them

Willing to take a bet on that?

slash's solo album will at least double the u.s sales of chinese democracy.

Naive.

i think this incarnation is dead in the water and most likely will never play live or release anything again.

You must be inexperienced.

not trying to be negative or funny.

Not trying, but certainly is.

Let me enlighten you.

These posts have been around the last 10 years or so. They're nothing new and they never come true. It's not a bad prediction or anything, sure, it might even fit to most bands in this situation. But in reality, GNR ain't one of those bands. They're not really a band at all. They're something else.

As long as Axl is around, don't expect the band (whatever the dynamic) to be dead in the water or anything else. Nothing is "this is it" with this band.

Consider GNR a floating, unpredictable entity ready to strike when you least expect it. It is silent and absent up to the point where you think the entity is dead. The strike may be off target by a mile but the enitity still floats around somewhere. Just as it does now. Basic realism and predictions doesn't work with this band. As long as the entity works in a different way than any other band, expect it to float silently around somewhere. Suddenly, one day, tomorrow or in a year, two years, or three years the entity will start moving again.

Board footer