You are not logged in. Please register or login.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

Re: Chinese Democracy (Guitar Tab Book)

emcitymisfit wrote:
faldor wrote:

The VMA's the last couple of years have really sucked.  It used to be an event, now it's just a joke.  Not sure GNR would fit in anymore, nor am I sure I'd want them to.  I could just see them playing between Lady Gaga and The Jonas Brothers.  Rock on!

Serj whatshisname covering Dead Kennedys with the Foo Fighters a couple years ago was pretty awesome.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:
faldor wrote:

The VMA's the last couple of years have really sucked.  It used to be an event, now it's just a joke.  Not sure GNR would fit in anymore, nor am I sure I'd want them to.  I could just see them playing between Lady Gaga and The Jonas Brothers.  Rock on!

Serj whatshisname covering Dead Kennedys with the Foo Fighters a couple years ago was pretty awesome.

I must've missed that. Serj Tankian?  From System of a Down?  I've gotta check that out.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:
faldor wrote:

smoking crack.  That was a slap in the face to every "punk" ever.  Fuck Jello for letting it happen..  MTV get off the air!!(unless I get a check then its all good)

faldor

faldor wrote:

While I like Serj Tankian, I wasn't overly impressed with that performance.  If that's the highlight of the last 2 VMA's I'll stand by my original statement that they've turned into a joke.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The VMA's lost credibility years ago.

Axl was so absurdly out of place at that 2006 introduction for The Killers, it wasn't even funny. I felt bad for the poor guy, especially with them waiting for him to be the last presenter of the night - why? Most of the audience was like "Who?"

When you tailor your shows to be all about Kanye fuckin' West, and your big 'rock' act is Jonas Brothers... those children in that crowd that are now performers, have no clue.

Was Miley Cyrus even born back during the UYI era?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The whole thing was just odd. The funny thing was, the most recognizable feature to Axl in 2006, WAS the "do you know" scream.

Sounded like 1989-revisted. But the body, and human being surrounding that voice was all different. 16

It seemed like people started to get a clue when he did that, and it might've been WHY he did that. The crowd roared, and seemed to sync in to - "oh, that guy" - but before that, it was just cringe worthy.

And let's not forget... Jack Black was hosting that show. Anyone that wants to know what let to the total demise of the VMA's, can start with really weak ass hosts like Jack Black.

They had Russell Brand last year, who wouldn't know funny if it bit him in his ass... and they invited the dumbass back. roll

faldor

faldor wrote:

Russel Brand was pretty awful at the VMA's last year.  But he was pretty good in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", which made him more recognizable and a bigger star.  Maybe it's worth giving him another shot, though I'm quite certain the show will still suck.  I don't think any host could save that disaster at this point.  He tried making fun of The Jonas Brothers and the likes last year but that was met with much disdain.  God forbid someone talks ill of the friggin Jonas Brothers.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

He was met with disdain for making fun of Bush. George W. that is. On MTV. Loaded with liberals.

When those cats are booing Bush jokes, its because the guy is a stale, no talent, hack.

I didn't even think he was all that funny in Sarah Marshall. I thought the funniest one was Jason Segal, and even Kristen Bell, even though she wasn't attempting to be funny.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
faldor wrote:

I'm not sure how and why Amazon keeps doing these things.  Not sure if it happens with other bands, but you'd think they'd have learned their lessons in dealing with GNR by now.

Estimated delivery date for this item: October 22, 2009 - October 26, 2009

Board footer