You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Michael Jackson's This Is It Discussion

Sky Dog wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090626/ap_ … ackson_inc

he is broke as a motherfucker....details in article.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Did he sell those at some point?

He was forced to sell those because of the fines he needed to pay in his series of court cases and his constant alimony payments.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I guess I stand corrected. Although, I think it said in 2001 he sold "half" the Beatles rights, so the other half is worth alot. Plus, he may own his own songs, again worth alot. These people claiming to have "lended" him money are just a bunch of fame seeking hangers ons & golddiggers.

Neverland - the new Graceland.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Oh, the vultures are going to come out big time. It's going to be ugly.

I wonder how far along his new album was. He'd been working on it for at least 3 years, not to mention all the other recordings he probably has. That's going to be huge.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i thought he already sold off neverland to a developer in california?

they were talking on CNN that its unclear how many rights he has to all that beatles stuff...aparently he also owns a large chunk of his own catalogue and some of eminem's as well

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Oh, the vultures are going to come out big time. It's going to be ugly.

I wonder how far along his new album was. He'd been working on it for at least 3 years, not to mention all the other recordings he probably has. That's going to be huge.

Good question. Never mentioned at GNR sites for some reason, but his last album was basically his Chinese Democracy. Tons of money funneled into the project, tons of time wasted, expected to be the comeback, and even though it sold decent, was regarded as a major flop.

Obviously any material he has in his vault now becomes highly anticipated regardless of its quality.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, that was his CD x 1000.

I'm not a huge Mj fan but I thought what I heard off the album was pretty good. Not really deserving of the bashing it got. I know Will.I.Am was working on the new record with him. But I could see a lot of artists doing duets on any material out there with some steller production. I see huge dollar signs. Hell, his albums are already charting again. Thriller is number one on Itunes and his other albums aren't far behind.

aparently he also owns a large chunk of his own catalogue and some of eminem's as well

Is this irony or karma? 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I feel a little sad today watching all the footage on tv, I'm not a huge fan but actually more of a fan than I realised.
I never believed any of the allegations made against him, I always felt he exploited because of his eccentricities and wealth.

What a catalogue of music that guy has though, such a talent. I actually remembered today for the first time in decades, lying out my back yard during a scortching hot summer when I was a boy with my wee gang of friends, sun bathing and listening to Thriller which one of them had brought along on cassette.
Growing up in the 80's and 90's though, there is so many MJ songs and videos I see now that bring memories of my youth flooding back.
There cant be many people who would command such a blanket media coverage when they die, its a global event. I was looking at russian, french and asian news channels this morning and they are all covering it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Olorin wrote:

There cant be many people who would command such a blanket media coverage when they die,

You got that right. I believe no one.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Been listening to MJ stuff all day. It's really sad. Listened to the song Gone Too Soon and Shes out of my life. Very sad. Very emotional. It' a modern tragedy. It really is. His whole life. We won't see  anything like it ever again.

Board footer