You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Michael Jackson's This Is It Discussion

Aussie wrote:

Perhaps all the training with Lou Ferigno (The Incredible Hulk) in preparation for those concerts put too much strain on his body?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Man this is terrible news, and just a month before his comeback sad

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I saw him live in 97. The sound was massive. Amazing. I was just 16 at the time and pretty short so I couldn't even see him on stage. I just saw a lot of light and the huge sound. Girls fainted by the numbers. It was hot as hell. It was mad.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

"We've learned Michael Jackson showed no unusual signs of distress -- he was rehearsing his upcoming concert at the Staples Center in L.A. But, we're told, like other nights of rehearsal, Jackson was both hours late and lethargic."

From TMZ

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Man this is terrible news, and just a month before his comeback sad

Yeah, I'd like to have seen him nail those shows and comeback with some great music just one more time.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

I am very sad to hear this. Never really was that much a fan of his music (liked some of it though) but I always felt bad for the guy. No matter how much I fucking hate child molesters, I don't believe he ever messed with children that way. I think he was a harmless, self-loathing mental case who thought he could relive the childhood he never had and these money-hungry parents used their kids as bait to get him in trouble. Maybe now he's finally free of the humiliation and negativity constantly aimed at him by the public. Rest in peace Michael Jackson.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I was hoping the same, Gunslinger. Show "artists" nowadays how it's done and why their albums sell for shit.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Aussie wrote:

He created some awesome music and was a sensational entertainer.  Damn the guy had some moves!!

Dude, he could dance like a motherfucker. I can't dance for shit, and will look like a fool trying to pull off some of the shit he bangs out. Good singer. I dunno whether he wrote many of his songs or not, but yeah, one heck of an entertainer. The King of Pop. Everyone else is a distant second.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This is shocking. Like already mentioned, his death is up there with Lennon and Elvis. I have disliked this guy for many years for obvious reasons, but you cant deny his impact or his talent. He was part of the soundtrack to our lives growing up in the 80s. I think its safe to say that the 80s would have been completely different without the rise of MJ. Hell, MTV might not have became the pop culture phenomenon it did without the release of Thriller.

We just lost a giant. In the p2p and beyond era, there aren't gonna be any new MJs.

As far as his actual death goes, it was really just a matter of time. He's had problems with painkillers for decades, and that shit really wears out your body.

Board footer