You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Michael Jackson's This Is It Discussion

Sky Dog wrote:

I hate to say this and have not read the whole thread, but sometimes I worry about our boy Axl. Stress is a stone cold killer....

Anyhow, this is really sad on numerous levels. I pretty much love everything he did through Thriller and loved the Jackson 5 growing up.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:
madagas wrote:

I hate to say this and have not read the whole thread, but sometimes I worry about our boy Axl. Stress is a stone cold killer....

I hear you, that thought also scares me sometimes.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Off the Wall is amazing. I actually rank it ahead of Thriller to a certain extent. Doesn't have the hits that Thriller had, but there's not really a bad song on it. I remember when I moved to Texas for a few months when I was six, my mom bought me Off the Wall on cassette and I played it constantly while I was there.

I never really got into the Jackson 5. Think I'll download one of their hits albums.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

As far as his actual death goes, it was really just a matter of time. He's had problems with painkillers for decades, and that shit really wears out your body.

Really?  I know he's been having health problems recently--I remember reading something about a lung problem last year.  Apparently, his use of medications was getting in the way of rehearsals for his upcoming tour. 

Anyhow, this is really sad on numerous levels. I pretty much love everything he did through Thriller and loved the Jackson 5 growing up.

I don't actually worry about Axl so much, physically speaking anyway.  He was never a hardcore user like the other guys and I think he ended up doing kickboxing among other things to keep in shape.

Thriller was great and I have a soft spot for Man in the Mirror.  It's just kind of sad how he never had a childhood and he was the family's source of income for a long time.  Janet is sort of fucked up too although not to MJ's level.

Sky Dog wrote:

mental illness and fame aren't a good combo......STRESS...killed a lot of great artists.

James

James wrote:

The guy made such a huge impact on our culture, regardless of what happens the rest of this year, 2009 will be known for only two things...

The inauguration of Barack Obama

The death of Michael Jackson

He's had problems with drugs since the 80s. I read a killer book about him in the mid 90s. Wish I remembered the name of it and I'd read it again. Told a lot of troubling info, so I assume it was from someone on the "inside". Wasn't bullshit either. Quite a few of those details came out later on during the various investigations(the private playroom he had,etc.). The book also rehashed a story that in hindsight, should have raised giant red flags with his massive fanbase in the early 80s, but he was just so huge back then nobody really cared. Our culture wasn't as pessimistic back then either.

Brooke Shields(a virgin at the time) wanted to fuck his brains out. Was literally begging him for a date. He agreed, but blew her off at the event they went to and he went club hopping with Webster instead and they wound up at a hotel. When you blow off popping the cherry of Brooke Shields to hang out for days with Webster, you've got problems.

James

James wrote:

My favorite MJ tracks, and if you don't have any of his albums or never listened to him much, this would be a good mixtape for you...

Rock With You
She's Out Of My Life
Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
Get On The Floor
Billie Jean
The Girl Is Mine
P.Y.T.
Thriller
Say Say Say
The Way You Make Me Feel
Man In The Mirror
Remember The Time

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Mike wrote:

I am very sad to hear this. Never really was that much a fan of his music (liked some of it though) but I always felt bad for the guy. No matter how much I fucking hate child molesters, I don't believe he ever messed with children that way. I think he was a harmless, self-loathing mental case who thought he could relive the childhood he never had and these money-hungry parents used their kids as bait to get him in trouble. Maybe now he's finally free of the humiliation and negativity constantly aimed at him by the public. Rest in peace Michael Jackson.

QFT on the child molestation part.

Loved his music, thought he was probably the greatest performer ever. he seriously looked like he floated on air when he danced.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Im leaving the child molestation out of it. He was freed from all the charges. I have no inside information about it, nor do I know anything about it. He was not pinned on anything and that for me is enough to say he was wrongly accused.

But that's not about music or influence. That's about personal life. I like the music side better, and I fucking hate it when people start mixing them saying "they dont like the songs because he's a child molestor". Annoying.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

No matter how much I fucking hate child molesters, I don't believe he ever messed with children that way.

I don't know about that as there was far too much circumstantial evidence for me to ignore.

I read a killer book about him in the mid 90s. Wish I remembered the name of it and I'd read it again. Told a lot of troubling info, so I assume it was from someone on the "inside". Wasn't bullshit either.

Is this the book-- Michael Jackson the Magic and the Madness?  Authored by J. Randy Taraborrelli.

Board footer