You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Michael Jackson's This Is It Discussion

DCK wrote:

Rock stars are weird with this shit, though. Steven Tyler was in love with a 15 year old at the beginning of his career, if you guys recall.

Nikki wrote a song about fucking one.

Severely abused by Joe Jackson, who knows the extent of damage done to him mentally that carried on throughout his life, enough to turn him "white".

The 'white' thing isn't due to any operations. He had a skin desease. Not saying he didn't "play it", because he wanted to change his image...as most good artists do change their image a lot. As far as I know, there are no operations or "whiting" of skin that will actually MAKE you white. Prove me wrong if you can, but I have never seen or heard about such a thing to that extent of Michaels skin.

However, Joe Jackson abused him and he had to endure a lot of shit in his childhood which u can line straight to all his facial operations. Numerous of them.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

I've been following this for the last 12 hours and can't believe it. I find it disturbing that people on ebay have already started selling MJ "Tribute" tshirts and mousemats.

Regardless of what happened in his "personal" life he was truely one of the greatests acts of his generation. Out of the big names that remain (Madonna, McCartney, Rod Stewart, Mick Jagger etc) I can't see anyone getting a bigger response from their fans that Michael has. I can't say I'm shocked as such, because it was well documented that he was in poor health this last few years but I do believe these 50 tour dates were what pushed him over the edge. That would have been tough for a 20 year old never mind a 50 year old in poor health who hasn't toured in over 10 years and demands so much stage presence when he does. Regardless, he was truely one of the best and will be missed by fans worldwide.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Well, I wouldn't say "poor health".

Because of the London shows, he underwent extensive check ups. No way any promoter will spend money on someone in fragile health or in danger of dying.

Anyway, he came out of those tests with no problems whatsoever.

I'm tempted to say he died due to too many pills. But I'm not gonna conclude yet.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think the pills will come into play. He was like Elvis in that he only functioned after a while because of pills. The guy never took care of himself properly. I remember a long time ago that people had a hard time getting him to eat. That he basically lived off water and vitamins. That's not good.

This is very sad. sad

And I couldn't state it better than Brett did.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Is this the book-- Michael Jackson the Magic and the Madness?  Authored by J. Randy Taraborrelli.

Just googled it and I don't think that's it. I think I'll go to the library and see if I can find it. Whatever it was, like that book it was written in the early 90s.

Hopefully the damn thing didn't go out of print. If it did, its sure to get rereleased now.

Im leaving the child molestation out of it. He was freed from all the charges. I have no inside information about it, nor do I know anything about it. He was not pinned on anything and that for me is enough to say he was wrongly accused.

That would be like thinking OJ is innocent because a mostly black jury giving him the black power salute during the reading of the verdict found him innocent.

I'm still in shock about this.

Yeah, I think this is more shocking to people in our age group who actually grew up during his peak before the whole "wacko Jacko" phase started.

Another thing that makes this even more tragic is that he was attempting a comeback. One last shot at redemption. Fate intervened and he never got to write the next chapter.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I don't think pills will come in to play. I think the 8 hour a day, constant rehearsals coupled with the stress of the comeback itself just made his heart give up.

The facts aren't out, and may never be, but I think pills are going to be alot bigger part than any of us knew or was ever reported about him. I also think he was part anorexic. For how small & frail he is, at 50??!  I'm skinny, but have put on weight in the last 5-10 years. Wouldn't suprise me if he weighed less than 120, although I don't tknow how tall he is. So that certainly put a strain on his heart as well. Combined with the training, it was prob too much.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I believe his death will be eerily similar to the death of Elvis based on some of the things I'm hearing this morning.  Prescription drug abuse will end up being the key cause of his death I believe.  No doubt the stress of his lifestyle added to this.  The guy sold 800,000,000 records worldwide but died 200,000,000 in debt.  Wealth is relative.  If you spend more than you earn it is stressful whether you make 30k or 30million.  Then he has an all or nothing shot at this concert to help him dig out.  Not only financially but career wise possibly as well.  Had he nailed this concert his relevance could have gained much momentum.  A solid album afterwards could have been his return.  Needless to say he had alot riding on this.

One happy thing.  He sold out FIFTY tour dates in FOUR HOURS!!!  FOUR-FREAKIN'-HOURS!!  Noone on earth could do that right now, noone.  Regardless of all his problems he left us showing one last time that his music was still relevant.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That whole 'MJ is broke' thing always baffled me. He owned part of the Beatles publishing rights. How do you go broke owning that? That's like owning a ten ton goose that lays twenty ton golden eggs.

Did he sell those at some point?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That whole 'MJ is broke' thing always baffled me. He owned part of the Beatles publishing rights. How do you go broke owning that? That's like owning a ten ton goose that lays twenty ton golden eggs.

Did he sell those at some point?

I don't think so, I think he still owns almost all their stuff. When people say he's "in debt" I always assumed their not counting that, so it's like an Ace in pocket he had. He might be $70 million in debt, but in addition to making $10 mil/year off it, (or whatever) he could always just sell it for whaatever it's worth ($500 million?? I dunno). Plus, I'd guess he owns his songs rights too, so he could sell them as well.

Board footer