You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: i'm back

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Just listening to that Checkmate clip again and it sounds so badass 16

It's got more balls than anything on CD. That's assuming the rest of the song is similiar.

Now that I think about it, I honestly don't think I've ever heard the clip you're talking about.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Just listening to that Checkmate clip again and it sounds so badass 16

It's got more balls than anything on CD. That's assuming the rest of the song is similiar.

Now that I think about it, I honestly don't think I've ever heard the clip you're talking about.

It goes "All cautions made/Every chance was given/No effort spared/To save what we had/All in..."
And it cuts off at All in.

Wow, I'm suprised I remembered that from like a year ago.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

The next line is "All in good faith."

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

The next line is "All in good faith."

Well that's what's generally assumed and accepted, but the original clip didn't go past "All In" from what I remember.
But yeah that does seem the most logical outcome of that line, given the song structure, sound, and writing style.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Badass 9 Loving the extended version. The copy I have downloaded has some fucker cutting in at the end of the clip saying "Ya like that? Yeah, Fuck you!" 14

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
faldor wrote:

Did he really turn it over?  He didn't at least make a copy for himself?  That's crazy.

Apparently so. Merck opened his pocket and Razz jumped straight in.

This is all just what I've read online mind you, might not be any truth to it. As I recall Razz has posted about it a few times, something about him handing over the song in exchange for backstage passes that he never got. I dont know, anyone remember the full story behind this?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
downliner wrote:
faldor wrote:

Did he really turn it over?  He didn't at least make a copy for himself?  That's crazy.

Apparently so. Merck opened his pocket and Razz jumped straight in.

This is all just what I've read online mind you, might not be any truth to it. As I recall Razz has posted about it a few times, something about him handing over the song in exchange for backstage passes that he never got. I dont know, anyone remember the full story behind this?

I get the feeling he only ever had that clip.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Wasnt Razz the guy who actually gave that clip the name "checkmate"? Noone believed he had anything and he posted the clip and titled it Checkmate, and threw in a "fuck you" at the end for good measure.

Board footer