You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: i'm back

DCK wrote:

He speaks, I listen.
He uploads, I downloads.

I keep calm..

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:
Axl S wrote:
JIP wrote:

The Rock Band 2 tracks are already out there as wav files,so why bother get is as mogg files?

What we have are recordings of the individual tracks but they're just four seperate tracks from the game. The mogg files allow us to break down each song into many many different parts.

The only mogg file i REALLY want is the harp part of TIL...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

just want to clarify that i'm not talking about the multitracks here, i've tracked someone down with alternate versions of songs from the album that haven't been widely circulated yet. the intro on the song i heard is pretty interesting. more to come hopefully.

I have a question, if the multi-tracks are out now, how will we determine the authenticity of any subsequent alternate-version leaks of songs from the album? For example, vocal parts on most versions of IRS i've heard, are pretty similar if not identical to the final version. If the vocal to IRS is seperated....what is stopping me getting my band to make up our own arrangement of the song, then dropping in Axl and Chris or whatever and passing it off to someone as an early demo of the song? Just a thought that's on my mind.

The other thing I'd love to know, if anyone,  including MSL or someone else,  can say, and prfererably, without getting into da vinci code stuff:

Do we know of full songs NOT included on chinese democracy that are held by leakers. Not drafts and alternate versions of songs we know, I'm straight up talking new and unknown songs. Most i've heard of is the 'checkmate' clip - but clearly that came from someplace, can anyone speculate as to what is out there in limbo? That's the real interesting stuff to me. 19

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
JIP wrote:

I image that the harp and all the orchestra shit is all lumped together in one mogg....

the way the game works is you have a Guitar Part (some times 2 guitars) a Bass part a vocal part, a drum part then the background sounds

all but the Background sounds are playable...so i imagine that each playable part is a separate file and the background noise (which is not playable) is a separate file as well which is always included when you play said track...if you only have one instrument then the remainders are computer played (and thus flawless)

for example...the vocal part we have already heard for TIL was someone who set up the track to play with 3 of 4 band peices...the drums, the guitar and the bass....they put on an invincibilty cheat so they couldnt fail and then only the vocal background tracks played..voila that clip that circulated a few weeks ago

but who knows....its jsut what i think 16

to sumaraize...there is no "Harp Hero" game out yet for XBox 360 14

drborken
 Rep: 6 

drborken wrote:
Neemo wrote:
JIP wrote:

I image that the harp and all the orchestra shit is all lumped together in one mogg....

the way the game works is you have a Guitar Part (some times 2 guitars) a Bass part a vocal part, a drum part then the background sounds

all but the Background sounds are playable...so i imagine that each playable part is a separate file and the background noise (which is not playable) is a separate file as well which is always included when you play said track...if you only have one instrument then the remainders are computer played (and thus flawless)

for example...the vocal part we have already heard for TIL was someone who set up the track to play with 3 of 4 band peices...the drums, the guitar and the bass....they put on an invincibilty cheat so they couldnt fail and then only the vocal background tracks played..voila that clip that circulated a few weeks ago

but who knows....its jsut what i think 16

to sumaraize...there is no "Harp Hero" game out yet for XBox 360 14

yeah ur pretty much spot on there.

theres a guitar track, a bass track, 3 different drum tracks so they can mute just the part u dont hit, so if u just dont hit the snare, it will still play the kick and cymbols for example, a vocal track, and then an everything else track.

the everything else track has all the backing vocals, keyboard, etc, rhythm guitar part for the solo, and anything else that you wouldnt be playing on one of the instruments.

in some cases, its fine like that, cos there is only one thing happening on the everthing else track so it still has good separation. but on chi dem, it wont be so clear, not when theres that many extra guitars and keyboards and backing vocals and orchestral parts, those will all be on the same track

Sky Dog wrote:

no new songs....no care.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'd actually like to refrain from listening to any "new" songs, if they were to leak, as long as they were meant to come out someday.  But who am I kidding?  I think I'd break down.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I just gave the song my first listen.  First, I like the lyrics.  I think they come from real emotion and that's important to me in my music.  Now for some constructive critique, I would turn the maraca a bit down in the mix.  I'm not sure how I feel about the guitar.  It's not bad, but there may be a bit of tweaking to do to get the song a bit crisper.  I'm not a musical expert in terms or playing so take it for what it is worth.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The other thing I'd love to know, if anyone,  including MSL or someone else,  can say, and prfererably, without getting into da vinci code stuff:

Do we know of full songs NOT included on chinese democracy that are held by leakers. Not drafts and alternate versions of songs we know, I'm straight up talking new and unknown songs. Most i've heard of is the 'checkmate' clip - but clearly that came from someplace, can anyone speculate as to what is out there in limbo? That's the real interesting stuff to me. 19

Johnny Firecloud (Antiquiet) said this last June: "the simple fact is that we leaked the songs, we know where they came from, and that enables me to say with unwavering certainty that these are 9 of many, many finished new GNR songs to come."

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Guys I've got to say this is killin me knowing the CD masters are out there.

Part of me agrees with MSL; wait and see what else we can get (assuming MSL intends to share whatever he gets his hands on!)

But I just can't help wishing I could load Audacity right now and play these songs and hear them in an individual way. Shit we waited so long for this album and I love it. Life is too shrt for waiting.

Board footer