You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: So where does GN'R stand right now and what is the current news?

Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

you can't be serious.......

Sadly for this guy, he's dead serious.

Itchy, dude, the Axlites died out years ago. You're like 5 years too late to the party brother.

I wouldn't say Axlite. I'd say one hell of an optimist.

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

Yeah I guess you guys are correct. I'm just checking to see perhaps somewhere down the line there might be some new news of a tour.
smile

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

This DJ character is apparently going to enlighten us tomorrow, could be a good idea to get your pitchfork and flaming torch prepared coz we might just be havin ourselves a good ol' fashioned hangin' yeeeeeehaaaaaaaawwwwwwww!!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Itchy GTR wrote:

Yeah I guess you guys are correct. I'm just checking to see perhaps somewhere down the line there might be some new news of a tour.
smile

There probably will be man. But it'll be a LONG way down the line.

I firmly believe Axl Rose isn't done yet. It's just we're entering Inactive Phase III imo, and it could be next year, or 7 years, who knows.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

We're not entering any Inactive Phase III Axlin08, we're in Inactive Phase all the friggin time interupted by Tour 1, Tour 2 and Album 1 over a period of 9 bloody years.

There will be touring at some point, hell, there might even be another album at some point.

And that's not the start of "anything" either. It's just Inactive Phase interupted by Tour 3 and Album 2.

As there is still these Axlites around waiting for the second coming, let me tell you in the nicest possible way.

This, as it is now, is the rule of the game. It's how it's played. It AIN'T gonna change. Axl might show up for a tour and people will go nuts for it, but then it's back to normality. Maybe an album will come out, but I sure as fuck don't believe for a second it will change anything more than what Chinese Democracy did.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I agree, I don't think Axl has any intention or even wants to do something on a UYI type scale touring or otherwise.  Lavish videos, huge tours, double albums.  Those days are gone.  I also believe we haven't seen the last of Axl/GNR and they'll be heard from again on tour and more material but we're never going to get constant updates or anything along those lines.  I just hope that when it's all over, Axl will let us know.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Exactly.

It probably won't be all over like that.

It will probably fizzle out over a period of years and years.

I'd say, within 5-6 or even 10 to 15 years..this has fizzled out. The albums are out, the tours have been done.

Then it's up to Axl what he wants to do next. Just kick back and not do anything again, or line up a reunion. Most unlikely as Slash and Axl hates each others guts.

Until then, this is how it's played.

No grand scheme, no big armada coming into town. Those days are gone. This is done differently. I think no less of it. People make such a romance out of the old days...the MTV days of Axl on top of the pop charts with November Rain. I'd rather see he do something I enjoy and sell 10 albums than a duet with Britney Spears and sell a million.

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

Ok,i'm gonna tell you what Ron told me when we met in Athens on june 29th.
There is no big news but i will share it here with you guys.
I met him and his wife a day before he performed with Lita Ford On Rockwave Festival.He was SUCH  a simple guy.We talked about 30 mins,then he had to go for dinner.
1)Robin: i asked him why robin left...his answer was "i called him one day and he told me he couldn't do it anymore".Ron also mentioned the 10 years robin was in the band with a weird facial expression that meant a lot to me..kinda like 'it's 10 years man...10 years almost wasted"

2)DJ Ashba:He was impressed how good was dj at rehearsals...he told me that "rehearsals  actually sound better than the actual CD!!".I responded "no way man,each song has such a complex work done on it" but he told me again "you should have heard the rehearsals,i didn't expect it either".Anyway he seemed VERY happy that dj was in the crew and that's good news to everyone of us here.

3)Chinese Democracy (song):Ron told me that he uses a double neck on this song and he goes from one neck to another while playin' it.We'll wait and see.

4)Promotion status:Ron simply lifted his shoulders and he told me"i just wanted this cd out the proper way,just like very fan would".

These are the highlights of our little chat.I had a little chat with his  wife too,cause we're both veterinarians ...Oh,yes and one last hint for touring

5)Tour:I asked if there were any touring plans...he was positive and told me.."i'll be back when rains will stop"...i guess that's summer for europe.

That's all folks,just wanted to give you some "news".

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Great post thanks.

Wouldn't surprise me if DJ was awesome..from what i've been checking out he's got great skills and right in the blues rock way for GNR.

As for robin i can see some people feeling that way, especially when a big band like NIN gives you a shot. Then again...Axl could pay me to play in GNR and do nothing and I'd take him up on it...especially when he seems tollerant to solo shit too.

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

The thing is when Ron was talking about DJ,he was like "bingo!!we found the right guy".That's very cool

Board footer