You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: So where does GN'R stand right now and what is the current news?

Stepvhen wrote:

Maybe frank stopped drinking?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I wander how many internet sites will continue following the band before they give up. Hardly any guests at HTGTH these days whenever I log on.

I dunno...we survived the dead years after the 02 tour...i think if we wait long enough something else will happen.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

why does axl think he`s got all the time in the world with this shit, he doesnt he`s gettin fuckin older by the day..

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Ultimately it's his life, he does what he wants, when he wants.  Just because he's not getting any younger doesn't mean he has to speed up the process.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Axl's just really slow.

Everything he does makes perfect sense in the context of a different time frame.

It's just that his actions are so delayed that they all happen at the wrong time - i.e. too late.

He's just in Axl time.

Alpha Centauri is still a star, even though it takes 4 years for its light to reach the Earth.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Fat Drunk, what's up with the Doug Penhall avatar? 22

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

Ultimately it's his life, he does what he wants, when he wants.

I agree with this. I think when it comes down to it, we don't understand his choices because we arn't in the same situation.

Looking at it broadly. An artist would normally have three reasons to do anything: To be able to eat, because they love it, and to share their gift with the world.

Axl's got himself to a point in life where he presumably has the resources not to have to work to survive. Due to the prior history of the band, his choices and those of others, anything he does do is subject to both intense praise and critism, but if we're honest, a lot of negativity (for not working with the old band etc) tends to follow his actions, pretty much regardless of what else happens. What then is his motivation to do anything? I would guess for the enjoyment of what he does, which is why on the recent tours he's basicly just having a good night himself, hanging with Baz and Bubbles and all that - and hoping that we will too (which I did for the record) and for the grander artistic good, which is why he did eventually drop CD and may one day release more music. But these goals don't require him to act how we'd anticipate.

If you look at his comments over time too, about the 'misguided sence of entitlment', that he doesn't work for the public, that we arn't owed anything. While it sometimes comes off as harsh from him, I think he's basicly just saying he wants to live his life his own way, and when it would be fun or meaningful for him to do something, like a tour or a record, he'll do it, and hopefully others will enjoy it when it happens, but that there's no need to operate under other's timelines or traditional business models.

Which in the end means we don't know what will happen. He might release another album in 6 months. He might release one in 6 years. He might never release one. It's his call in the end...obviously as fans we can hope he will choose to do more not less publiclly, but we can't really be certain or expect it to happen it seems.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Of course, there's the evasive remix album, to which Brain has so far made a new version of Shackler. In the present situation, I wouldn't be surprised if it were merely the Rock Band 2 mogg he's been twiddling about on his spare time.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I doubt Brain would refer to just screwing around with the Mogg as a remix.

It's no suprise, that an album like this that Axl went over billions of times, that there are different quotes. Although with Shackler's, I couldn't see a much more alternate direction than it's already got, other than maybe giving the instrumentals more techno and more of a club mix type of thing. Same with CD, Scraped & Riad.

The rest could just be flat out acoustic takes.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

From Fat-Drunk's twitter page.  He stumbled across this possible interesting bit of news.

Don't know who this guy is, but he doesn't seem to be a GNR fanatic or have any reason to lie.  Then again, who knows.

http://twitter.com/kgibs0n/status/3570503053

- Stopped in at GCStudios and was surprised to see GunsNRoses jamming out for a Line6 promo! Nice little mini concert
7:17 PM Aug 26th from TwitPic
kgibs0n

Board footer