You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: So where does GN'R stand right now and what is the current news?

mickronson wrote:

Maybe he didnt wanna throw all his eggs in 1 basket only for them all to get shit on like C.D has (well its not got the reviews as he maybe thought it would)
At least it leaves him 1 or 2 albums to release still outside of the BB deal.  Who knows anymore anyway.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

No, he didn't say that.  Let's review. 

Baz was going around and saying over and over that Axl had 3 or 4 albums worth of material ready for release.  Thus building up peoples expectations.  Axl simply told Baz to cool it with that talk and that he was focusing on releasing the ONE album.  He never came out and said that Baz was lying and they only had the one album.  Again, as recently as December he said he thought of CD as a double album.

Let's not start creating lies that Axl told.

Dude, either you have a short term memory or you are very very young.

I've been around for the better part of the last decade. The 3-4 albums rumor existed WAY WAY WAY before Baz ever even existed in the discussion.

I'll find you the quote, Axl DID say it, and I suggest you do a little research, before you start suggesting i'm making up lies that Axl said. roll

I'm aware of all that.  But please direct me to where Axl has denied there are more songs.  What exactly are you arguing anyway?  Axl said they had a bunch of songs they were working on.  They released 14 of them.  He's said since the album was released that they have at least another albums worth of material.  So where is the lie?  Again, just because the songs haven't been released yet doesn't mean that they don't exist.  It seems you're trying your best to play it off that Axl lied to us, but I'm not seeing what the lies are.  The information you've dug up has done nothing to change my outlook on things and I was well aware of it already.  22

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
war wrote:

so what does everyone think happened to the trilogy.

If he was thinking about it back then and after the wait turned into over a decade a trilogy in '08 would have made even more sense.

did the awesome deal they got with best buy change things?

perhaps we are going to get an album/tour, album/tour..... sorta thing as axl more recently indicated.

I've had a theory for quite a while that there's an album worth of industrial style songs in the vault that is what the original plans were.

Then they either sat on them too long, or the album being turned in and turned down rumour is true, or Axl flat changed his mind after "Oh My God" got the reception it did. 

Whatever the reason, when this whole thing got started that's what the talk was.  Axl was going in a more industrial/NIN direction, then they distanced themselves from it.

I have nothing concrete to back that up, it's just a feeling I have.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

32 songs....26 which are nearly finished

and of the 26, 14 are on the album....axl claimed 13 at the time of that statement

that leaves 12 "nearly done" songs and 6 that are at soem stage so they at least resemble a song .... which would be 18 another 14 - 16 tracks for a disk and a couple b-sides if you ask me

as for the 70 (or whatever) songs comment i'm sticking to my theory that some of the "songs" he alluded to are more like song ideas...and there are the "bi-polar" tracks (ie better) which i still feel is 2 maybe 3 "songs" put together, its obvious they got to apoint where they needed to pull somethign coherent together...and some ideas were prolly left early on and some were developed...alot of shit happens in 10 years, even if we arent partial to the comings and goings

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Thanks for putting that up there, James. I feel like many fans have a short memory when it comes to that (or just weren't around for it). It's been like a broken record.

Yes, indeed, Axl is the source of every 'trilogy' rumor/thought/speculation, and he's the source, ultimately, of whatever insane number of "songs" that are "done" talk. 

For people to say "Axl never said that" are out of their mind.
Yeah, what's realistic NOW and what he'd like to see NOW may have changed, but it's not like the fans made it up. He started it. And he can tell us otherwise any time he'd like.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

No, he didn't say that.  Let's review. 

Baz was going around and saying over and over that Axl had 3 or 4 albums worth of material ready for release.  Thus building up peoples expectations.  Axl simply told Baz to cool it with that talk and that he was focusing on releasing the ONE album.  He never came out and said that Baz was lying and they only had the one album.  Again, as recently as December he said he thought of CD as a double album.

Let's not start creating lies that Axl told.

Dude, either you have a short term memory or you are very very young.

I've been around for the better part of the last decade. The 3-4 albums rumor existed WAY WAY WAY before Baz ever even existed in the discussion.

I'll find you the quote, Axl DID say it, and I suggest you do a little research, before you start suggesting i'm making up lies that Axl said. roll

I'm aware of all that.  But please direct me to where Axl has denied there are more songs.  What exactly are you arguing anyway?  Axl said they had a bunch of songs they were working on.  They released 14 of them.  He's said since the album was released that they have at least another albums worth of material.  So where is the lie?  Again, just because the songs haven't been released yet doesn't mean that they don't exist.  It seems you're trying your best to play it off that Axl lied to us, but I'm not seeing what the lies are.  The information you've dug up has done nothing to change my outlook on things and I was well aware of it already.  22

You said Axl didn't backtrack. Axl has backtracked countless times. One day it's five albums worth, another it's a trilogy, another it's a double, another it's "we're just focusing on one". Etc.

The information is everywhere. You choose to ignore it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

He hasn't backtracked (on this topic at least).  You, and many others, are taking his words and forming your own opinions on what his motives are.

Just because he mentioned they were working on 70 songs, then 10 years later he tells Baz to cool it with the 3-4 album talk doesn't mean those 70 songs don't exist.  And like neemo mentioned, I'm sure some of those 70 songs (maybe lots) were just ideas for songs. 

And when he mentioned a trilogy, when did he ever say they'd be released simulataneously?  Excuse me if I missed that, but I don't ever recall hearing or reading that.  In that radio interview he mentioned the 3 albums that would be released one by one followed by touring. 

You're taking what he says and rolling it all up into one miraculous idea.  Oh, Axl mentioned 70 songs and 3 albums, they must all be coming out tomorrow.  What, they didn't come out?  What a liar!

Again, excuse me if I missed his promise to deliver the goods all at once and when he debunked the idea that he ever had that material in the vault.  Maybe you have some secret pipeline to the undeground lair of GNR that I don't have access to.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually you mentioned the lie within your own post.

The fact that the albums were supposed to be released on varying plans, as far back as 2002, if not 1999, and there were no albums followed by touring, including CD...

He backtracked. It didn't happen. And no, 2001-02 & 2006-07 were not the "CD World Tour". They were cash grabs.

Sky Dog wrote:

I think your safest bet is to go with the 2006 32 songs comment and the recent "he always thought of Chinese as a double album". You can only go on what he says in the current timeframe. The 70 songs in 1999 is way over the statute of limatations....ancient history.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Actually you mentioned the lie within your own post.

The fact that the albums were supposed to be released on varying plans, as far back as 2002, if not 1999, and there were no albums followed by touring, including CD...

He backtracked. It didn't happen. And no, 2001-02 & 2006-07 were not the "CD World Tour". They were cash grabs.

ummm, Axl talked of a double album in 1996 Burning Hills fax when he announced Slash spitting. Axl has been all over the board as far as new music goes for over a decade.

Board footer