You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Re: So where does GN'R stand right now and what is the current news?

Itchy GTR wrote:

So it seems that they are rehearsing the live show. : )

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

That Robin "couldn't do it anymore" is completely understandable. I would have wished him all the best....

IF

He had actually bothered to say a proper "goodbye" to us.

We've been here for 10 years, just like he has.

A few sentences would be enough.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Not to be an ass, but you could make a case that 1995 - 2009 was it fizzling out over a period of years and years...

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I can understand him I guess.  We were both kept in the mushroom department while axl played his little virtual band game.  I guess in the end if he`s in a band as serious as milli vanilli, go for it and dont look back

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
DCK wrote:

That Robin "couldn't do it anymore" is completely understandable. I would have wished him all the best....

IF

He had actually bothered to say a proper "goodbye" to us.

We've been here for 10 years, just like he has.

A few sentences would be enough.

Why?  Not to be an ass to quote buzzsaw but why would he have bothered?  Othere than the few fans in the communities who cared if Robin left GNR?  Other than the community fans no one probably knew he was in GNR in the first place.  And lets face it, since CD has come out the community fans are slowly going extinct as well.  There are way less posts in the GNR section here than there was before.  At least that's what I notice.  And in the GNR boards it's not everyone that was high on Finck to begin with.  Seriously I see no reason to make an announcement on his part cause I'm pretty sure that when he left nothing was gonna happen anyways on the GNR front.  Only reason we got CD is because some guy leaked the majority of the record.  If not for the leaks we'd still be waiting on that record.  Don't believe me?  Listen to it again and even worse.  Look at the book let or promo done by Axl and Company.  He made the right decision plain and simple.  Good for him.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

What was the story of Robin getting pissed at Axl in Mexico city for delaying the shows due to anxiety or something? Sounds like a BS rumor, but I remember reading it somewhere, anyone care to reset that?

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

DATE: April 23, 2007
SOURCE: robinfinck.com

I'm writing now in the wake of the recently postponed and cancelled GNR commitments in Japan and in South Africa. I guess I'm writing because I too am disappointed, have a conscience, a website, and I am not on the Bullet Train to Osaka this evening.

I purely want to share with those whom were avid for seeing GNR at these concerts that I too was looking forward to seeing you all. The band was primed and pumped, production packed and shipped. Then, much to our distress, unforeseen circumstance walked in, dropped its surly case and announced with certainty, "I'm here! ". What can we do.

I have received innumerable emails from real people who where hooking up with friends or family, flying to faraway cities, booking hotels or friend's couches, docking the USS Kitty Hawk, and otherwise scheduling their time and enthusiasm around these events. In short, these peeps wuz straight stung adrenalized and lettin' me square have it! I too was psyched about the shows, planning to meet friends and family, watch the cherry blossom blossom etc. It is my wish that your bounce forward from here be one of a willful arc and opportunity. Believe me, I'm swallowing that very pill by your side.

Well, I'm not gonna go on with this letter, this letter to you who've sent me. I think you catch my drift.

Best of spirits to you all and I sincerely wish for you a successful trip ahead. Have fun wherever you are-

r ob i n

http://robinfinck.com/GNR_fans.php

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

We're not entering any Inactive Phase III Axlin08, we're in Inactive Phase all the friggin time interupted by Tour 1, Tour 2 and Album 1 over a period of 9 bloody years.

There will be touring at some point, hell, there might even be another album at some point.

And that's not the start of "anything" either. It's just Inactive Phase interupted by Tour 3 and Album 2.

As there is still these Axlites around waiting for the second coming, let me tell you in the nicest possible way.

This, as it is now, is the rule of the game. It's how it's played. It AIN'T gonna change. Axl might show up for a tour and people will go nuts for it, but then it's back to normality. Maybe an album will come out, but I sure as fuck don't believe for a second it will change anything more than what Chinese Democracy did.

All good points, and it's more than 9 years in that instance. We've basically been in an inactive phase since 1994, and it hasn't ended yet.

JIP wrote:

Ok,i'm gonna tell you what Ron told me when we met in Athens on june 29th.
There is no big news but i will share it here with you guys.
I met him and his wife a day before he performed with Lita Ford On Rockwave Festival.He was SUCH  a simple guy.We talked about 30 mins,then he had to go for dinner.
1)Robin: i asked him why robin left...his answer was "i called him one day and he told me he couldn't do it anymore".Ron also mentioned the 10 years robin was in the band with a weird facial expression that meant a lot to me..kinda like 'it's 10 years man...10 years almost wasted"

2)DJ Ashba:He was impressed how good was dj at rehearsals...he told me that "rehearsals  actually sound better than the actual CD!!".I responded "no way man,each song has such a complex work done on it" but he told me again "you should have heard the rehearsals,i didn't expect it either".Anyway he seemed VERY happy that dj was in the crew and that's good news to everyone of us here.

3)Chinese Democracy (song):Ron told me that he uses a double neck on this song and he goes from one neck to another while playin' it.We'll wait and see.

4)Promotion status:Ron simply lifted his shoulders and he told me"i just wanted this cd out the proper way,just like very fan would".

These are the highlights of our little chat.I had a little chat with his  wife too,cause we're both veterinarians ...Oh,yes and one last hint for touring

5)Tour:I asked if there were any touring plans...he was positive and told me.."i'll be back when rains will stop"...i guess that's summer for europe.

That's all folks,just wanted to give you some "news".

Thx for this. Karma.

It's totally understandable Robin's frustration. If you didn't like the guy as a guitar player (I didn't), that's fine. If you don't care because he didn't correspond with the fans enough, or did more for NIN fans, that's fine. But to not like him, because of this fanboy bullshit of "he turned his back on Axl" is just lame.

The guy sat around waiting on Axl for over a decade. Like ANYTHING involved with GN'R missing the boat, Axl is ALWAYS to blame.

And if you don't believe me?

Funny, how EVERYONE associated with Guns in their career, have went on to new lives, new careers, and some even success, and the only one with his truck still bogged down in the mud, is Axl. Take a hint.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Not to be an ass to quote buzzsaw but why would he have bothered?

Because it's the decent thing to do.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
mygnrsucks wrote:

What was the story of Robin getting pissed at Axl in Mexico city for delaying the shows due to anxiety or something? Sounds like a BS rumor, but I remember reading it somewhere, anyone care to reset that?

One of the shows in Mexico started late but a guy who was there posted on mygnr saying the band were in the building for ages, it was Axl who awol, and he seen Robin punching a wall repeatedly, furious about something.
I think he was legit, he posted this long before Robin had joined NIN.

Thanks for that letter Fat-Drunk, do you have the one he wrote after GNR pulled out of Rock In Rio 4?

Board footer