You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: So where does GN'R stand right now and what is the current news?

monkeychow wrote:

To me I just look at it as a "that's who he is" and "it's his thing"

Like i wish the GNR site was more like megadeths - with special fan sections, contests, bios on fans and the band  - really content heavy and lots of news and updates and stuff going on with the band....

but it's not that way....but when it comes down to it - I love Axl's music so much...and that's what it's about, while more fan friendly stuff would be great - if he only wants to surface every 3 years or whatever...well...that's his right to do so...and the music makes it worth the wait for me.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i admit it too but i don't like it. i don't care about the updates or the web site. i just want music. if gnr put out 10 song albums every couple years and toured every four i would be a happy fan and that's all that would be necessary.

for me, the good and the bad about this forum is that it's 5 percent about gnr and 95 percent about us getting off talking, mostly, in theory about anything and everything that could somehow relate to gnr.

these sentiments have obviously been spoken of before but that's my take and thanks to everyone that has a part in running this forum cause it is definitely the best gnr forum around.

TSI
 Rep: 2 

TSI wrote:

I agree with Monkeychow, no lies were told but situations changed and so plans had to be scrapped or altered, I think there is an obvious case of hard feelings for UMG, and just maybe they are part of the problem and not the solution. I don't blame anyone for the silence because if for some reason it doesn't come to pass, then that starts up a huge wave of hatred again. Seems the best idea to keep silent and let people speculate than to risk being drug across the coals again. You can't make specific plans when chaos is the reigning factor,you just roll with the punches. I'm sincerily hoping that the tour is a go, can't wait to be at a concert again.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

This certainly isn't anything of a newsflash BUT, Lita Ford was a guest on the Eddie Trunk show last week and she spoke a little bit about Ron.  She was asked who's in her band now when they play shows and she said Bumblefoot was the guitarist and that he was currently rehearsing, or at least she thought he was rehearsing with GNR.  Eddie piped in that he had rehearsed with them before but a tour never occurred.  Then Lita said that Ron wasn't really sure WHAT was going on with Guns but he's ready for whatever happens.  Her husband, Jim Gillette said he didn't think anybody knew what was going on with GNR.  No truer words have ever been spoken.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

If they're rehearsing because they only know about these shows through the net and are just rehearsing to be safe then my god...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I would literally die from laughing if those rehearsals weren't even sanctioned by Axl and it was just them getting ready "just in case"....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That is somewhat crazy, but it kind of wouldn't surprise me if the band met sans axl now and then to keep the songs tight and sharp and ready for launch.

However...

Bumble not knowing what is going on may not mean that they did these rehearsals just in case, it might mean there was a proposed plan to do the asian shows, but it's never been finalised and so he doesnt know if its going to happen or not at the moment.

Seems like a few people have said thats how the band runs, like the corporate side of it nuts out the business and commerical stuff in private, and then the band gets a call when it's all good to go, and in the interum they just wait.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

These 2 or 3 Asian dates don't make a tour, it's more of a one-off cash grab. I think Lita meant BBF didn't know what to expect: this short money-making thing, or a longer tour. On the other hand it's quite fishy that the manegement hasn't said a word about the Asian shows.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
faldor wrote:

I don't doubt we were strung along to an extent.  I mean, why else would we have stuck around so long if we weren't given any reason to?  But I don't think Axl came up with any wild ideas that he had absolutely no intention of trying out, just to keep us interested.

I was just browsing through Mick Walls' book, W.A.R. The Unauthorized Biography of William Axl Rose, and this paragraph jumped out at me.

I thought this would be an appropriate place to post it.

Axl told the Docklands audience that most of the new songs featured on the tour so far were no longer even scheduled to appear on Chinese Democracy.

Instead, he said, the band had now completed work on the album's follow-up, concluding: "By the time the record company release the second group of songs, and we do this all over again, who knows? Maybe I'll have finished the third album."

Obviously that last sentence was meant to be taken tongue-in-cheek, but I just thought I'd share it.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Mick Wall misquoted Axl.

"There's been some concern. That if we play five or six new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire, mon frére. We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks. And when that, when the record company feels that has run its course, then you'll get it all over again. By that time, I should be done with the third album. So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls."

(Axl, Docklands, 08/26/02)

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=3543

Board footer