You are not logged in. Please register or login.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

Re: So where does GN'R stand right now and what is the current news?

emcitymisfit wrote:

So you prefer the demo of Twat over the album version??

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not convinced Tommy even played on the record.

If you listen to the rock band tracks without guitars he comes in loud and clear....especially on the outro to TWAT, all of Riad, SOD, and he has some real funky lines on Scraped.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not convinced Tommy even played on the record.

If you listen to the rock band tracks without guitars he comes in loud and clear....especially on the outro to TWAT, all of Riad, SOD, and he has some real funky lines on Scraped.

I was kidding obviously.  I only have TWAT on RB and while I've never played the bass part, there are one or two places where the bass comes through nicely through the guitar tracks.  Tommy is one of the many things that was ruined by layering so much crap into songs that weren't all that good to begin with...

Sky Dog wrote:

agree...however, I think the songs were good at their core but ended up being overcooked. Oh well, can't do anything about it now. The record stands as is.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I've been playing around with the settings on my big stereo and listening to the album with some subtle surround sounds turned on through my speaker system. Everythings is flushed out much better than listening with just stereo, which is what I usually prefer cause my main speakers sound killer. The best part for me was when I was singing along with Catcher In The Rye and when the outro kicked in and I realised it sounded 10 times better, all my gripes about the mix were flushed away, it sounded fucking awesome.
I think you get lazy with preset equalizers these days, you tend to stick with the one good general setting rather than taking the time to adjust it for each individual album.
I love stacking systems with the seperate graphic equalisers, lotsa faders there to play around with big_smile

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm lazy.  If I have to do that much work to enjoy a record, there's something wrong.

Sky Dog wrote:

good point.....I don't have to change anything or set anything for Dark Side of the Moon!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'm used to playing around with stereos, when I'm at parties I will tweek the sound system sometimes if I dont think it sounds right. But at home I have a preset one that I mostly use and dont change anything, cause it doesnt have an equaliser, just preset shit.
But when I play vinyl I have a proper mixer which has two 12 channel equalisers as well as seperate bass, mid and treble rotating knobs and cut off switches. They mostly stay in roughly the same position, a little nudge hear and there usually makes a world of difference if needed.

I bought a portable radio for work and I hunted high and low for an old fashioned one with a tuning dial, fuck dab and preset shit limitations. I finally found one which turned out to be a little gem and has never let me down yet.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Although in most cases, I would say the final studio version of the album was overkill, there were some tracks that were improved.

CD - the final version is the best. Ron's rhythm gives it more depth, and Frank's drums give it a far heavier sound. It just sounds like it kicks a little more ass than before. I think the 'big drums' however should've remained through the entire track. Would've made it a bit more industrial, but it would've given it a heavier finish overall.

TWAT - feels it's most complete, richest, and satisfying in it's final cut.

Riad - this song doesn't have much going for it regardless, but the intro gives it a bit of a more haunting feel. Otherwise, i'm pretty indifferent. It's the Shotgun Blues of the album.

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If i'm still here, remind me to blow my fuckin' brains out.

Thx

*lol*  Well we haven't left yet didn't we?  Seriously since the mess that's called Chinese Democracy was released Axl has become irrelevant to me.  Come here out of pure habit.

Yeah, but i'm currently at my end game with it. I'm seriously burnt out of the whole damn thing (probably like someone else we know), and really couldn't care less anymore. GN'R died in 1993. There was a time, I would've never imagined me saying something like that, as supportive as I once was of Axl and his conceptualized 'new Guns'. But now, it's fuckin' over. It's a zombie, it's dead, the label knows it, Axl knows it, only the fans haven't taken the hint.

I know Big Bri used to post in here, and got alot of 'fevered' responses from various people. He felt that it should just be about the music, and fuck the behind the scenes stuff, don't get involved with it. And he got responded to with all this "but it's so enjoyable to watch the trainwreck, and the drama with your favorite band", including from myself. But he was right. At the end of the day, it has to be about the music, because it's the only way to keep your sanity. Thinking about GN'R beyond the music itself, is a fucking drag of epic proportions.

Board footer