You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: Some asshat trying to trash MSL

Gong wrote:

I've always been a Robin fan and I always will.

BETTER 3:38

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Tommy's bass on Prostitute is fucking great. too bad we can't hear it on the recording.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

The guitar playing on Prostitute, the tone just doesn't match Axl's vocals.

This isn't a Slash vs debate but in music, certain players tones match each other

Axl/Slash perfect fit.

The guitar playing that Finck does just doesn't compliment Axl well

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:

As we all know, I completely disagree. The way his emotion comes through in his playing is awesome for me.

Yup. karma

Robin's TWAT solo is fantastic. Even better live. One of the highlights of the entire album. His vibe runs through these songs and really makes them come alive. Bucket was always the icing on the cake and they were a perfect combo.

imo, Robin is the reason Axl had some of his best material.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Wow.  I want a copy of whatever you guys bought in place of CD.  If playing out of tune was considered good, I can see Finck having an audience.  TWAT is horrible except for when bucket plays from a guitar work standpoint.  His little one note line under the verses is 12 year old level at best.  The kid on America's Got Talent is a better guitar player than Finck.  You can give him the emotion point I guess, but playing choppy and out of tune (apparently on purpose) just doesn't cut it at this level.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm strange about Robin, I HATE the way he played the AFD tracks live...the butchering of key iconic passages to me made me see blood, but when playing the new material, such as all the solos he plays on CD i thought were pretty awesome. So i kind of LOVE him on those songs. So i have issues. lol.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Robin has his moments, but we all know the 'talent' to come out of CD era in terms of guitar.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Robin has his moments, but we all know the 'talent' to come out of CD era in terms of guitar.

??? Huge ain' THAT good

Board footer