You are not logged in. Please register or login.

st@rfucker
 Rep: 1 

Re: Does Axl Still Smoke?

st@rfucker wrote:

It was a cigar,mistranslated by swedish newspapers.Cigarettes (at least tobacco ones,have been abandoned and not allowed in the house for quite some time. smile

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I wish someone would clean up the Ritz 88 footage and release it officially.

I'd enjoy some proshot concerts of the CD songs too if the new tour starts.

Am I the only one that hates Ritz88?

st@rfucker

st@rfucker wrote:

yes, next question?

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Do conservatives really not know that Stephen Colbert is a parody?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Cigars are good but they stink the house out. I reckon Axls became a bit of a connoisseur though, especially with the latin influence in his house.
I have him down as a single malt man as well,  cigars and whisky mmmmmmmm11

Roll on hogmanay!

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I wonder if he still smokes weed? He must have had a few joints at some point while mulling over CD, music never sounds better after some quality green stuff.

st@rfucker

st@rfucker wrote:

He was taking (or toking smile ) drags off of what appeared to be a joint at the cuckoo club gig-smelled like it too. But several people in the small audience were ahem; partaking discretely as well.

He's been off cigs for a good while now and smokes the occasional cigar, and apparantly still has a fondness for 4:20, not a bad thing.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Hah, its hard to be discreet though, its got such a pong everyone in a 20 ft radious knows someones puffing away 14

Weeds good in moderation, if you just smoke occasionally you dont need much at all to get stoned, or get cravings. I'm a lightweight these days and its great, one joint and I'm tuned to the moon. I use it as a music enhancer nowadays or for watching movies.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

i think he quit... his voice is miles above what it was in 92... and smoking KILLS your voice... just watch the tokyo dvd...

Cornell was a chain smoker for almost twenty years, including his peak. If smoking kills your voice, I don't even want to imagine what he would have sounded like had he never smoked.

I think it depends on the person. Just like how one can smoke 5 packs a day and live to be 100, while there are extreme cases of people in their early 20s dying from lung cancer after only smoking a few years.

Yeah, that Tokyo vid sucks in many more ways than one. They were on more than just tobacco if they had the nerve to release that.

... i was so pissed
two separate video tapes... at 20 bucks a pop.... and he sounds so awful
why not just release the paris PPV?

i learned how to sing like axl/ cornell when i was around 14...smoking 2 packs a day makes it extremely difficult... hence why axl was hit and miss...one show he'd be stellar... the next he'd sound like a frog...

even quitting for 6 months, i noticed a massive increase in my ablilty... still sounding raspy when necessary... but just an overall increase in my vocal chords pliability...

having been smoking again for a couple of years.... it's just awful again...

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

I'm guessing here but I would say he still does. Most 'old school' rockers and musicians smoke cigarettes. (Yeah I know that is not 100% correct because some have managed to kick the habit.) But I think Axl does. Perhaps the song 'There was a time' gives us a clue when Axl sings: Broken glass and cigarettes-------:slash:  - (Ah I know that is Slash smoking but I couldn't find the Axl icon!!! lol

Board footer