You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AL!VE
 Rep: -1 

Re: Does Axl Still Smoke?

AL!VE wrote:

Hi!
Mods I don't know if this is the place for this or not so if I'm wrong you can move it.

okay I've got a question in my head for a while...

Does Axl still smoke?

I haven't see him in any concert smoke so I'm guessing he doesn't
but maybe he doesn't do that in stage but after he might.

I know that it is a very stupid question but I'll be very happy if I find an answer to it.

Thanks
AL!VE

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

I dunno -- I would imagine at his age he needs to preserve his voice as much as possible. Judging from his vocal transformation from 02-06, my guess would be yes.

Although I did find some of his vocal inflections to be really obnoxious in 06 (especially when i came to singing the new stuff), it was without a doubt superior to the VMA era.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He probably still smokes. Not seeing him smoke doesn't mean he doesn't. We rarely see him. We've never seen him eat pizza either, but he probably does.

We do know he used to smoke Marlboro because in the late 80s there were quite a few pictures of him with a pack of their cigs(Marlboro Reds to be exact).

If he's an ex smoker, he possibly relapses when he goes out and drinks. Drinking is a huge trigger for smokers, and if he was able to resist with his inhibitions lowered like that, then more power to him.

Only cigars.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

Only cigars.

In other words, he still smokes cigarettes. 16

I've did the "cigars only" thing before. It doesn't last long. I guess if he's just a casual smoker then lighting up a cigar from time is possible.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

does anyone really give a rats ass if he does or not? hmm

AL!VE
 Rep: -1 

AL!VE wrote:
Neemo wrote:

does anyone really give a rats ass if he does or not? hmm

I do, still don't know why 16

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

better he does, else he might sound like a 6 yr old girl again

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

i think he quit... his voice is miles above what it was in 92... and smoking KILLS your voice... just watch the tokyo dvd...

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Id rather watch the tokyo dvd than the RIR 3 gig.. 

Plenty of black blues/jazz singers smoked on purpose to give themselves a raspy voice....

Board footer