You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Re: Q&A with Richard Fortus

Gong wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:
faldor wrote:

What's your favorite track from Chinese Democracy; what about GNR in general?

Favorite track from CD is probably Chinese, but it's hard to say and changes often.  As far as a favorite Gn'R track... It's one YOU  haven't heard yet!

here we go again 16

ALWAYS. There's always something magical on the horizon we haven't heard yet.

Yeah, great. Another fucking hoarder.
I am so fucking tired of this shit.

Go ahead, tease us with the prospect of new music and then when we ask for a release date you can call us names.

Seriously, fuck off. 17

This is dramatic.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

So, there is something not released thats better than all of them...hmmm
Dont you release your best when going out on your own for the 1st time.. of course not, you have a name to hide behind.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Thanks for posting. Interesting read.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

I was listening to Axl on Eddie trunk again. His bit about 2 albums with vocals almost fully done in 2006 intrigued me long time. CD came out with no media backing form the record company Axl didn't back it (probably) as a result also. Chinese Democracy is out and taken care of. The best thing to do would be for new GNR to release another Album as quick as possible after chinese and push that through as a NU GNR.
There is not as much pressure on it because its not CD, people aren't even expecting a new album, the fans would be delighted at another release so quickly, the same legal implications that haunted CD would not be in play. In essence (and in theory) the release of CD (should have) wiped the slate, if Axl gave a fast and strong follow up he would be the victor. Then tour behind the new album playing new songs and CD songs. Call it the *insert name of new album here* Tour. Lay Chinese Democracy to bed while jumping forward with new material

This may be a pipe dream but it makes great buisness sense. As well as great sense from the band and fan point of view

Let the bashing begin.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

I might go as far as to say that this may be in the works. Maybe that is why there has been no tour behind CD? They cant realisticaly have a CD tour anyway having already had 3!!  BUT they did recruit DJ Ashba so they do intend to continue as a Band. The name "Chinese Democracy" just holds too much negative implications for the band it brings up the whole 17 year wait and failed tour thing. In my hopefull opinion Ashba was brought in to Redo some Finck on Record number 2 ! ( the man is already selling himself as a gnr member in his official media items) I think thats the plan lay CD to rest launch into Album 2 with the promotion that you would expect of GNR followed with the World Tour.  I gotta Say just having DJ Ashba onboard makes Gnr Look Like Gnr. Ron gels well with the Gnr Image Fortus Definitely does as does tommy DJ is a walking Advertisement for Appetite for destruction style culture with his tatoos and piercing and what not . And as a fan of SIXX A.M i can attest to his killer chops.

I know Im gonna incite a riot with this kinda speculative fan boy gibberish but it seems possible and a good idea (which many would say means Axl would definitely not give it a second thought as a result of, but) I personally think DJ was brought in todo some re-recording of a second album ........" I've always thought of it as a double." - Axl Rose

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I kind of like this interview. Odd questions being asked, and since it wasn't about GnR, the small mention was excusable. What do you expect, a release date for future material or tour announcements? We all know that even if richard knows, which I'd bet he doesn't, he's not going to tell us.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I actually like the interview, if you ignore Chi Dem for a moment it's actually quite a varied and reasonably interesting Q&A.

But the problem is, as someone else mentioned, the elephant in the room.  Consequently these interviews with any of the guys (except Axl) are going to leave you with a slightly deflated feeling.  There is a massive topic for discussion with so many associated interesting questions but they dont' get asked (or if they do they don't get answered).  As a result it kind of feels like reading a Playboy with tight jeans.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Agree that it is a decent interview in general.  The question about fav GNR song.  I hate the "YOU haveNt heard it yet".  Well stop teasing and fucking release it!  Seriously he should've stuck with Chinese and just say that for other fav GNR track.  Too many to mention just one.  Less teasing.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Same interview, different year.

Board footer